Test mule build

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I just checked the forecast this morning, and despite high of 80 today, it's supposed to have 8 inches of snow on the ground Wednesday evening. So if the forecast is even in the ballpark, the test will be postponed :(

I'm about sick of this weather.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Yeah our pennsylvania weather blows, but not 8" of snow kind of blows though! Arent all of us with diesels soppose to be causing global warming or something :wtf:

Wayne

Reaction score
My next pass at the track will have to wait a bit for a couple reasons aside from being behind on my work schedule

While at the DPC, Heafner had trouble with his nitrous solenoids, so the ones on mine got donated. I've got new ones on the way for that, then I encountered another self-induced problem. The guys with Diesel Power magazine offered to let me use my truck for the test pull for calibrating the sled for the competitors. I'm not one to turn down a free opportunity to do a pull, so I took it despite not having my front suspension properly set up yet, and the following occurred.

IMG_20130509_191906_562.jpg

935345_10151587373928866_2074320702_n.jpg

At least somebody got a nice shot of the pull. The front end was bouncing the entire way, just as I expected. I knew I should have upgraded the front end sooner. Now to decide whether to do a 4 link, or OUO ALA's. ALA's would be a no-brainer, but with the lift, it complicates the decision, as I hate the drop bracket with the lift that's on the truck now, and would really like to get rid of it. The bummer is, I would then need to upgrade the sway bar, as the radius arms do a lot to control sway, which I would lose going to a 4 link. I'm open to opinions and suggestions on this one, especially if a stiffer front sway bar already exists. I've even considered fabricating my own long-arm adjustable 4-link.

I also got my wife mad at me because she saw this on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=444055642353228&set=vb.100002463882743&type=2&theater

To top it off, I had to break in it at the track, because after I locked my keys in it, the key pad decided to freak out, and quit working. Good times:pint:

Last edited:

Wayne

Reaction score
Do the ALA's, no drop brackets and you get all the adjustability that you need.

It looks like there's plenty of caster adjustment to get that right, but is there enough length adjustment to keep the axles centered in the wheel well? If so, done deal once I can part with the money. I just don't want to be running them into the back of the fenders. I hate that look.

SAK

Reaction score
It looks like there's plenty of caster adjustment to get that right, but is there enough length adjustment to keep the axles centered in the wheel well? If so, done deal once I can part with the money. I just don't want to be running them into the back of the fenders. I hate that look.

Yes, there is quite a bit of adjustment, unless you are going to be running an insane amount of caster

Sent from my jacked up tapatalk 2

MINK

Reaction score
Your front axle hop was nasty...I still can't believe you couldn't feel it!

Erikclaw

Reaction score
The look on his face when we asked if he could feel it was awesome

R u serious? He couldn't feel that? LOL Damn tire looked like it was almost hoping off the ground toward the end of it. I felt mine last year in the steering wheel and they barely moved. I can't believe that puddle dried so fast to be the track I pulled down.

Wayne

Reaction score
It sure was crazy how fast the track dried after I pulled down it. I felt the front end bounce, but not near as much as I expected. I was mostly surprised that I didn't feel it more after watching how violent Aaron's pull looked at last year's DPC. In the cab of the truck, it didn't feel near as bad as it did a few years back when I drug the sled with Murphy in northern Utah. That pull had me fighting with the wheel the whole way down. This time I didn't have to muscle the wheel at all. Maybe it's the newer better parts compared to the '03 steering in the old truck. :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qckmFktoDEo&feature=player_detailpage

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online