Test mule build

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFT

Reaction score
Looks like mine when it broke. At what point did it break, Wayne?
Mine went when the converter locked

Last edited:

Wayne

Reaction score
Same here. Cruising about quarter throttle in OD when it locked. It was just like it popped into neutral. It handled the abuse of the tests fine, then out of no where when I least expected it, clunk. At least the broken off end fell out of the converter, so I didn't have to have it cut open to get it out. Luckily no damage resulted to either the converter or the rest of the trans. I planned on just starting out with custom tunes, but initially, the trans felt great on the IDP 3.01 xrace, and testing began. The more I drove the truck, the more stiff the shifts got, but I couldn't quit because it would compromise the data. I'll be running the IDP 3.01 xrace only for the first round of testing on this next turbo, then re-do the tests with the new tunes I get as a new base line. I liked that tune on a stock motor, stock trans, but on a built trans, that tune is just brutal. I'm really hoping the 3.02 IDP tunes have the shifting improved so I can go back to them as I please, but for now, it makes no sense to keep swapping hard parts for the power level I'm at now.

Last edited:

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
Does that mean you will be dropping power level for dd the truck and hows custom tunes you thinking.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I would say Gearhead Wayne, you can adjust the firmness of the shifts. I think, haven't loaded a tune in so long I can't be sure.

Wayne

Reaction score
Yep, Gearhead is what I plan on running. No need to back down the power when I can get it to shift right with proper tuning. I've heard way too many positive first hand reviews to go anywhere else for custom tunes.

Wayne

Reaction score
It would be a good idea for you to consider custom tuning for your setup. Nobody warranties broken shafts, and this shaft alone cost a lot more than custom tuning. Never mind the labor to fix it.

HD F250

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your bad luck Wayne.

I am looking forward to my custom Gearhead tunes for my build because I definitely don't want to be replacing parts for a while.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I believe hes referring to BTS shafts. Thats what i replaced my suncoast with.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I believe hes referring to BTS shafts. Thats what i replaced my suncoast with.

I highly doubt the bts shaft is , or can be proven to be stronger than the TCS 300M , at best it will be equal strength , unless their using a better material than 300m, which to my knowledge doesn't exist in shaft design.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
I have the BTS shaft in mine and havent broke it doing 30 psi launches and a few hard wheel hop launches, works fine for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online