webb06 official build thread

webb06

Reaction score
Well just checked the oil and coolant and pulled the oil fill cap off. Coolant is low. Oil seemed fine. Oil fill cap had black sludge on it....that is not good! Cracked block? Cracked head? Oil and coolant temps show to be fine, maybe 2-3 degrees difference. Truck runs fine. Minus the sludge I just found

Reaction score
Well just checked the oil and coolant and pulled the oil fill cap off. Coolant is low. Oil seemed fine. Oil fill cap had black sludge on it....that is not good! Cracked block? Cracked head? Oil and coolant temps show to be fine, maybe 2-3 degrees difference. Truck runs fine. Minus the sludge I just found

I hate to be the one to say it ....... But black "pudding" on the oil fill is tell tale antifreeze in the oil. Most likely cracked block.

For your sake I hope not!

gman1

Reaction score

Remove the oil filler/CCV and look around under the valve cover. Hopefully you WONT find this.
wow004.jpg
"]
wow004.jpg
[/URL]

webb06

Reaction score
Who knows a few threads where the blocks have cracked so I can kinda see pictures of where they crack at.

Thanks

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I just completed a built 6.4 last week.

Ran 60 miles, drank a gallon of coolant.

It's back out on the ground this week.

The customer is super excited.

Crack in the block 2" long

Ughhh

Was the crack along the casting line or inline with the stud?

Latest posts

Members online