webb06 official build thread

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Ppfftt 150's aren't a tow vehicle. Lol I will tow with 200's though. Just make the appropriate tuning alterations

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
kinda off the wall question, minimal derail.....

hypothetically.

if eric does take fuel out to lower egt's, to tow something.......not overly large, is there enough fuel still there to spool the turbo's to keep the egt's low, or does his air setup simply require the fuel, and lots of it, to work correctly?

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I would think that since he has the triple compound setup that it just wont "light" the 98mm, but will be more or less be driving the 76/62 high powers similar to a regular high power setup. Just a theory, but I wouldn't think that pulling the fuel back some would make it work bad. I would just think the truck would just lose some of the top end where the 98mm takes over. I would ASSUME that the 62mm vgt would still keep his lag down and take care of the low end. And then the 76mm would take over in the midrange and some up top, but the 98mm just might not fully come on to full tilt. Or maybe it will just take a little longer to light.:shrug: Hopefully some of the turbo guru's can shed some light on this, while proving my lack of knowledge:slap:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Boost is only topping 48. I tried adjusting the wastegate

possibility its not loading the truck definite power loss. i think mine made 55boost/58bp or so with high powers, and 110's with dual fuelers. loading thru the trans or converter slip could play a role ...

Latest posts

Members online