4EverBoosted1 Elite Built 6.7 Thread

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Yup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Wow you are correct, just did a little search and found it calls for 3 times the required demand. Over 100 PSI, thats crazy. I assumed it was pretty much on par with all other common rails @ the 10-20 psi range. Hell those pumps may be the ticket for 6.0/7.3 guys then if you retro fit one.

MorganY

Reaction score
Wow you are correct, just did a little search and found it calls for 3 times the required demand. Over 100 PSI, thats crazy. I assumed it was pretty much on par with all other common rails @ the 10-20 psi range. Hell those pumps may be the ticket for 6.0/7.3 guys then if you retro fit one.

Which is why it is going to work so well :thumbup: :ford:

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Great Idea!

The higher supply pressure is actually a smart move from the factory. Low fuel pressure to the HPFP's in common rails have been an issue for years. Without an adequate supply the pumps are prone to failures.

Chris

NathannialD

Reaction score
Great Idea!

The higher supply pressure is actually a smart move from the factory. Low fuel pressure to the HPFP's in common rails have been an issue for years. Without an adequate supply the pumps are prone to failures.

Chris

not really since the factory duramax has never had a lift pump, while it does help not really a cause of failure.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Multiple FASS systems have been used...The goal for this truck is to have a reliable streetable setup that makes alot of power. That being said, because the 6.7 operates at higher pressures than the 6.4 LPFS..finding a reliable pump that flows enough volume is a task. Im sure I will catch flack for this, but Aeromotive, Fuel lab, Airdog, and FASS all fail, and do so relatively quick (~1 year, unless its Airdog, then you have a few months). So we decided to build on top of what highly educated individuals engineered, and do it again. For filtration ease, reliability, ease of access, and replacement if need be. Not to mention well stocked dealerships usuallg have everything we need. Both systems are independently supplied and returned, but equalize in a motor mounted filter head before the fuel is introduced into both pumps. The electrical system is not piggybacking off of the original lpfp, it will have an entirely seperate harness, containing factory parts.

Very cool, thanks for the good answer. Can't wait to see this truck all done up. Any thoughts of having a kit for this in the future so those of us that are electrically stupid could run this set up?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
So, since no turbo info has been given. I am guessing a 75mm?? Love the fuel system design, makes sense.

MorganY

Reaction score
Very cool, thanks for the good answer. Can't wait to see this truck all done up. Any thoughts of having a kit for this in the future so those of us that are electrically stupid could run this set up?

No problem. Yes I have thought about it. Have to wait until im done to price it out

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Thank you guys for all of the input and support.. It really helps motivate everything. Morgan and I are exhausted after today but I feel like we made a good amount of progress. Hopefully tomorrow we can have update pictures ready. Have to get some supplies and then it is back to the shop for day 2.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Ill just place this here...

IMG_2554_zpsbb765506.jpg

Latest posts

Members online