5r110 out 4r100 in

Dustball8504

Reaction score
This is very exciting. I can't wait to see this work! At what power level do you think would have the need to switch over to the 4r? Granted I think this would be a competition only mod.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
This is very exciting. I can't wait to see this work! At what power level do you think would have the need to switch over to the 4r? Granted I think this would be a competition only mod.
not sure what power level i would say around 800 keeping a 5r110 in a truck would be pretty hard...i run the hell out of my truck which is part of the reason i go through trannys

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
This is a very interesting thread,Sure is nice to have another option than the 5r110,I haven't had that good of luck with a built 5r110 either..I wonder how it will be for daily driving?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
with the pcs it will do what you want, when you tell it too, but that takes a lot of trial and error. tuning the PCS should be a guided process for the first time, by somebody with lots of experience. They are finnicky bastages. some people can probaly nail it quick, but im sure WOP and Swamps will tell you different.

The 4R has the most hard parts available. Aside from the 5R not being a good listener when its told what to do, there are certain parts you just can't build for such an electronic transmission, like an Allison. Aside from the WOP dragster and scotty's truck, this will be cool to see in a very high hp, heavyweight truck.
thats why the man eric is doing the tuning on it

Chris

Reaction score
Strokeorcroak, the 6.0 and 6.4 5rs can be swapped. The difference is how they are controlled w/ the tcm. A 6.0 5r sees a lot less torque than a 6.4 does as well.

Craig, Very cool project! Been talking w/ Brian about doing the same. Cant wait to see how it works for yall.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
How come a 6.4 5r110 cant be swapped internally the same as a 6.0 5r110 and then built to hold the power like a 6.0 would?

The 6.4 make alot more torque and Trans computer is compley different the Trans are basically same

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
I was at Destroked the other day and was giving Scott input on making an adapter plate for the 6.4/6.0.

The PCS is actually pretty easy to tune for the 4R also (compared to the 5R).

And since the Intermediate is overrunning there wont be the bind up like in the 5R.

We are in the process of putting a PCS and 5R in the little single cab to see if some of the limiation is just the factory programming.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
The 6.4 make alot more torque and Trans computer is compley different the Trans are basically same

oh that makes more sense!! So its not the transmission thats holding better in the 6.0, its the motor putting less strain on the transmission.

I should have kept my BTS haha

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
I was at Destroked the other day and was giving Scott input on making an adapter plate for the 6.4/6.0.

The PCS is actually pretty easy to tune for the 4R also (compared to the 5R).

And since the Intermediate is overrunning there wont be the bind up like in the 5R.

We are in the process of putting a PCS and 5R in the little single cab to see if some of the limiation is just the factory programming.
from what i have heard the pcs for the 5r110 doesnt have nearly as much as the factory computer

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.