5r110 out 4r100 in

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Still have a couple bugs to work out on the electrical side but so far everything seems to be playing nicely according to Craig. Spent the better part of the day on the phone with Craig trying to help get wiring situated. Needless to say, Im still at the office playing catch up with work while Craig joyrides :D

Excited to see what the truck does after Eric tunes on it tomorrow!

Last edited:

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Trans shifts amazing doesn't miss a beat shifts and locks when you tell it
Just need to work on some codes

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Can we get some pictures of what all it took to mount it up?? Driveline differences? The difference in the cross member?? anything else other than wiring up the controller?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Can we get some pictures of what all it took to mount it up?? Driveline differences? The difference in the cross member?? anything else other than wiring up the controller?

No driveline changes no mount changes only had to change input shaft out of transfer case

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
No driveline changes no mount changes only had to change input shaft out of transfer case

Wow that sounds way to simple.

Obviously no benefits to do this until your in the 800+ range, but there are a lot of those trucks out there. Exciting to know there is a reliable transmission behind that beast now, time to get some track time under the belt.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Wow that sounds way to simple.

Obviously no benefits to do this until your in the 800+ range, but there are a lot of those trucks out there. Exciting to know there is a reliable transmission behind that beast now, time to get some track time under the belt.

To say it's reliable the day after he put it in is jumping the gun a little. Don't you think?

TyCorr

Reaction score
To say it's reliable the day after he put it in is jumping the gun a little. Don't you think?

A bts, 4r100? I think there might be a couple of them holding power like this and even greater.

You have a good point though.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
A bts, 4r100? I think there might be a couple of them holding power like this and even greater.

You have a good point though.

Yeah, there are several BTS 4r's holding plenty out there. Craig daily drives his 900 HP truck though, so this thing is going to be put to the test and then some. I hope it works out.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I think the trans itself will be fine, might be some electronic bs to deal with but the pcs should rectify most of that. If we made a 5r work behind a 12v using one it shouldnt be too hard to get this dialed in.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I dont feel like its jumping the gun.... The transmission is proven.

Whether or not it will be ideal is another story, but its definitely proven over 1000hp

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.