6.4L Tune Release 3.02

HD-tech-NH

Reaction score
Just sent mine in a couple of weeks ago. Got it back in less than a week. Guess I got the old version? That would explain the wrench when I flashed the stock power tune yesterday?

AllanB

Reaction score
I got mine back and I have the Extreme X and X Street. I guess the Extreme Race, Extreme Street, etc, that I was running must have been really old tunes. Anyway, the shifting is much better than the Xtreme Race. No more bucking and the throttle isn't nearly as sensitive. It does stretch the shift points out when you are just putting around town. Even taking it really easy, it shifts at about 2K rpms. Power is great, with not nearly the smoke as before. I know I still have an update to do when they release it. But thumbs up to Eric for the Xtreme X files.

3brorce

Reaction score
I got mine back and I have the Extreme X and X Street. I guess the Extreme Race, Extreme Street, etc, that I was running must have been really old tunes. Anyway, the shifting is much better than the Xtreme Race. No more bucking and the throttle isn't nearly as sensitive. It does stretch the shift points out when you are just putting around town. Even taking it really easy, it shifts at about 2K rpms. Power is great, with not nearly the smoke as before. I know I still have an update to do when they release it. But thumbs up to Eric for the Xtreme X files.

Is your version 3.01 or 3.02? Are those tunes in the pre-loaded section or in the custom section?

AllanB

Reaction score
I am not sure of the version. When I open my SCT it still says 2.55 I ask Eric about that and it is no problem. I have the Xtreme X tunes so any update should be no more cost. It is loaded in my custom tunes file. My old ExtremeX and StreetX etc, are in my Preload file. To my knowledge he is stilll updating the X tunes. So I will still need to send mine in for his latest updates when he is finished. But the new tuens are great. Shifting is a big difference. The throttle is not nearly as sensitive as it was in the Extreme Race. Puts out a pretty good cloud untill the turbos light, then it is just a pretty good haze behind you.

Last edited:

HD-tech-NH

Reaction score
When I got mine back I had five tunes in the pre loaded section. Stock, tow, street, performance and extreme. I emailed Eric he said they updated my firmware and loaded there tunes in the preloaded section. Does this sound right?

pog

Reaction score
im pretty sure its still 3.01, 3.02 isnt released yet. he just put a tune on my lw yesterday and its still 3.01 from what im told

AllanB

Reaction score
When I got mine back I had five tunes in the pre loaded section. Stock, tow, street, performance and extreme. I emailed Eric he said they updated my firmware and loaded there tunes in the preloaded section. Does this sound right?
I got mine back about a week ago. It has my old tunes in the Preload section and the new Xtreme X and X Street in the custom section.

im pretty sure its still 3.01, 3.02 isnt released yet. he just put a tune on my lw yesterday and its still 3.01 from what im told

I sent mine in and had the Xtreme X tunes put on it. I still have the 2.5.5 version. When Eric is done with the 3.02 I will send it back in and he will update it to 3.02. I just wanted the newest X tunes he had, and that is what he gave me. BTW they run excellent, shifting is much smoother.

AllanB

Reaction score
Wow, not me. The Xtreme X file is the best one that I have had on my truck IMO. But mine is a 2wd. Not a whole lot of difference, just the weight, but that does make them drive a little different. I find the Xtreme X has quite a bit more power, and smokes less. That might just be me, but it will break the tires loose at almost 40mph, where it wouldn't before. Caltracs this weekend.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
my xtreme x felt real strong all around, didn't smoke, but didn't shift as hard.

but my xrace feels WAY stronger out of the hole and shifts hard. honestly I could care less about the bit more smoke-when it comes down to which one I prefer to drive.

my xtreme x reminds me of my gearhead race. and I feel the same way about both. not near as strong out of the hole and not firm enough shifting.. and I use off the line power more than up top.

Eric@HolderdownPerformance

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Just to confirm, no one has the 3.02 update. I talk to Ted nearly every day or everyother day. Still waiting on SCT

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Good to know. I havent wanted to call and bother them but wanted to know. Keep us updated. You are now are daily 3.02 updater lol. Might cut down on call volume LOL

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Judging by the names of the tunes those look like Canned tunes. Erics should be labeled Stock, Tow, Street, Extreme Street, Extreme Mild, Extreme Race. Then you should have after you select the tune, Stock, Fimer stock lock, Delayed lock, Race Lock, Dyno 5th.That is for any 3.01 update and older. The new 3.02 update Im not sure how it will be since it adds a Extreme X, but you dont have that update anyways.

dstryr

Reaction score
According to the conversation I had on Friday with Tom... the tunes were supposed to be out today..no ifs or ands about it...man I hate being bull****ted.

dstryr

Reaction score
talk to Eric. end of story.

end of story is that the people on the phone shouldn't be telling the customer what we want to hear and just state the truth. I'm sure Eric is a great guy and I know how it is running a small business but I'd rather leave a voice message then have someone feed me bull****.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
I've never had Eric himself tell me wrong. I've spoken to a few others that have made claims there that weren't fulfilled. again that being said I speak to Eric only. email him.

Latest posts

Members online