6.7 CFD turbo kit frustration

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Dan,

You have been misleading at best. You have posted pictures of work/parts that were never purchased from CFD. The kit in the pictures is not the kit Dan Originally paid for. The flex joint that blew was included in the original kit. That would have been replaced under warranty despite the fact Dan cranked the wastegate up further than we recomended, and of coarse the dual fuel was added after the fact all creating high backpressure, however we told Dan we would fix it.

As for the melted firewall blanket, well it wouldn't take a whole lot of common sense to stop driving and boosted launching the truck with an exhaust leak. Dan did not use any common sense and he is on his own as far as that goes.

If you want to know what Dan actually paid for and bought from CFD than have him post up a receipt.

The story Dan is trying to mislead people into is far from the true fact.

so who did the welding? thats all that needs answered. dont care what he bought before or after.

Elliott

Reaction score
And Hillbilly Diesel strikes again, I can't believe anyone affiliated would even try to defend any of that.

Totally agree with you there! Does anyone know how long these clowns have been " in business", if you could call it that? No one deserves to be screwed over by these guys no matter what brand you're driving. It appears they're doing a good enough job of ruining their rep. I just hope the word is getting out fast enough that no one has to suffer what Dan went through. With more performance choices for the 6.7 owner by SPE and coming soon from Elite, RCD, and MPD, all quality and trustworthy businesses, no one will even consider CFD. Here's hoping.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Totally agree with you there! Does anyone know how long these clowns have been " in business", if you could call it that? No one deserves to be screwed over by these guys no matter what brand you're driving. It appears they're doing a good enough job of ruining their rep. I just hope the word is getting out fast enough that no one has to suffer what Dan went through. With more performance choices for the 6.7 owner by SPE and coming soon from Elite, RCD, and MPD, all quality and trustworthy businesses, no one will even consider CFD. Here's hoping.

The Mustard Tiger could have made a better kit LoL.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Dan,

You have been misleading at best. You have posted pictures of work/parts that were never purchased from CFD. The kit in the pictures is not the kit Dan Originally paid for. The flex joint that blew was included in the original kit. That would have been replaced under warranty despite the fact Dan cranked the wastegate up further than we recomended, and of coarse the dual fuel was added after the fact all creating high backpressure, however we told Dan we would fix it.

As for the melted firewall blanket, well it wouldn't take a whole lot of common sense to stop driving and boosted launching the truck with an exhaust leak. Dan did not use any common sense and he is on his own as far as that goes.

If you want to know what Dan actually paid for and bought from CFD than have him post up a receipt.

The story Dan is trying to mislead people into is far from the true fact.

This may be the most ridiculous post I've ever read from you inbred hillbillies. Your blaming the customer for a destroyed firewall when it was without a doubt your fault? If you were smart, you'd pressure test and check your welds before sending the kit out. And blaming him for the flex joint is also completely ridiculous. You should have used quality bellows that can take high back pressure. Nobody is going to take your side here. Even if the op has been, and continues to be calm throughout his horrible experience, some of us will not be so forgiving.

Built 6.7

Reaction score
This may be the most ridiculous post I've ever read from you inbred hillbillies. Your blaming the customer for a destroyed firewall when it was without a doubt your fault? If you were smart, you'd pressure test and check your welds before sending the kit out. And blaming him for the flex joint is also completely ridiculous. You should have used quality bellows that can take high back pressure. Nobody is going to take your side here. Even if the op has been, and continues to be calm throughout his horrible experience, some of us will not be so forgiving.

This isn't the first time a company has blamed the customer, so I don't know what everybody's upset about lol. I'm just going to throw this out there but why do diesel mechanics think there fabricators? Yes some can pull it off and do quality work, that would be me hiring into a job as a welder, and trying to run the Crane, people need to stay in their craft. I like the guys at Cfd and I like Danny so im going to sit this one out.

Latest posts

Members online