6.7 CFD turbo kit frustration

superduty4x4

Reaction score
The fact of how calm you are about this blows my mind man. That is awesome though, it is always better to stay calm and collective vs just being pissed off and saying a bunch of bad stuff. I am sorry that you have to do your truck twice, but thank you for posting about it to keep everyone on here informed that there kits still suck terribly. Looking forward to seeing progress in your build.

I completely agree. I would be LIVID if I had dropped $60K on a truck and someone did that to it. Kudos to Dan for staying cool about it, but I'm with the guys that would be burning the place down and kicking in faces. WOW.

Snake

Reaction score
Is this being discussed on the org where they sponsor?

hell no ... the 6.7 folks on the org are probably getting hoodwinked. I hear they are 6.7 gods over there.

My hand got slapped on the org the last two times I posted something about CFD. Starting a thread on this would almost be worth the vacation they'd give me........I absolutely can not stand people / companies that lie and rip others off.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Hey, anyone can be nice in person or on the phone, but that certainly doesn't mean they don't perform shotty work LOL

loboost

Reaction score
Hey, anyone can be nice in person or on the phone, but that certainly doesn't mean they don't perform shotty work LOL

Yep. Whs

However it usually comes back to bite you in the ass...look @ dd... he filed bankruptcy

Dan

Reaction score
And this is where it gets interesting.

Time to give them hell Dan. Your attitude has been A+ but I would let them have it now LOL

naw, its really not worth getting into a big pissing contest, all i know is a turbo kit should be "turn key and drive" not tear apart and re weld multiple areas.. maybe i have high expectations out of a performance product? its quite interesting that the blame has been placed right back on me for adjusting the waste gate? but its cool I'm just gunna keep my wastegate ajusting wrenches in my pocket!! hahaha just a little fyi i have max been seeing 30 lbs out of this turbo as thats the "recommended maximum" for the efr:lame:

Dan, I have to ask what do you do for a living? LOL

diesel mechanic at an "oil sands" site north of fort mac.. work on Liebherr t282b/c trucks mainly.. :joy:

This isn't the first time a company has blamed the customer, so I don't know what everybody's upset about lol. I'm just going to throw this out there but why do diesel mechanics think there fabricators? Yes some can pull it off and do quality work, that would be me hiring into a job as a welder, and trying to run the Crane, people need to stay in their craft. I like the guys at Cfd and I like Danny so im going to sit this one out.

thanks matt, i totally agree with you as you raise a good point about being fabricators.. i noticed mpd hired a/another? fabricator because a fabricator builds stuff! anyways I've seen some of the stuff dutton has built and that is a talented gentleman! :)

and there is no denying the guys there are good guys! bend over backwards for anyone!:toast:

Dan

Reaction score
Yap them nuclear plants don't pay enough, to keep up with you guys.

when you have to buy stuff 2-3 times im sure it can burn through a bunch of cash pretty fast, but its not about the $$ its about the quality of work we, as customers, need to demand! or just make wise decisions in the first place! haha:thumbup:

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
and there is no denying the guys there are good guys! bend over backwards for anyone!:toast:

Good guys? I know you are a "not stepping on toes" kind of guy but come on man. They wasted your money, ruined your truck, test drove the turd out of it and put it on YouTube, and now they are attacking you on your own thread? I know you want to keep a positive attitude but man... Saying CFD is a group of good guys is a bit much. If they let your truck leave their shop with all of those problems and took that credit card with a smile, than they are a direct reflection of their products. Garbage.

Dan

Reaction score
Good guys? I know you are a "not stepping on toes" kind of guy but come on man. They wasted your money, ruined your truck, test drove the turd out of it and put it on YouTube, and now they are attacking you on your own thread? I know you want to keep a positive attitude but man... Saying CFD is a group of good guys is a bit much. If they let your truck leave their shop with all of those problems and took that credit card with a smile, than they are a direct reflection of their products. Garbage.

:whs: hahaha yeah your right, i was just saying "good guys" like they mean well.. anyways im trying to look on the bright side! hahah thats all! gives me an excuse to do twins :)

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
i noticed this was moved to AWOL? what does that mean?

It means that it is only able to be viewed by members and the rules on conduct are relaxed. Basically it keeps the sh!t fest that will probably consume this thread from being visible to the general public.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
My hand got slapped on the org the last two times I posted something about CFD. Starting a thread on this would almost be worth the vacation they'd give me........I absolutely can not stand people / companies that lie and rip others off.

Honestly, as much as I dislike seeing site vs site drama, I really think people should know what they are in for with CFD. I genuinely feel bad for the OP. Seems like he's a dream customer and these yokels thanked him with a handshake, depositing his check, and leaving him with a flogged pile of crap between the frame rails. Beyond ****ty

Latest posts

Members online