6.7 GT4094 Powermax Turbo Install

Dantron

Reaction score
I cant believe know one got my joke about looking for the small stock turbo. LOL Tough Crowd.
You should have posted that one before the install pictures. I would have gone further by acting like Elite was trying to help me find it and hopefully someone would ask you to take a photo after a few days. Once they've pointed out the stock turbo, continue with the install acting as if nothing ever happened.

By the way, the kit looks great and sounds awesome. Do you think it's possible to decrease the acceleration time to anywhere near stock? How does it feel right now?

dseitler

Reaction score
By the way, the kit looks great and sounds awesome. Do you think it's possible to decrease the acceleration time to anywhere near stock? How does it feel right now?

It's not fair to judge the performance or lag time due to the Duty Cycle restrictions I have right now. I basically have little boost in first gear at all. That's all motor you hear until the first shift. I have maybe 7lbs when it lands in second. Then the turbo comes in half way through 2nd gear with full boost but then stops at 30lbs and stays there. When we get this figured out and the boost ends up north of 40lbs somewhere and comes in a little sooner it should be awesome. IMO I knew this would be a sort of Beta test going in. I've learned a lot and this will help me down the road and with the other trucks we are building.

PDT1081

Reaction score
It's not fair to judge the performance or lag time due to the Duty Cycle restrictions I have right now. I basically have little boost in first gear at all. That's all motor you hear until the first shift. I have maybe 7lbs when it lands in second. Then the turbo comes in half way through 2nd gear with full boost but then stops at 30lbs and stays there. When we get this figured out and the boost ends up north of 40lbs somewhere and comes in a little sooner it should be awesome. IMO I knew this would be a sort of Beta test going in. I've learned a lot and this will help me down the road and with the other trucks we are building.

If you have bascially no boost until you hit second gear, what happens if you launch in second gear?

dseitler

Reaction score
I'm worried about that. After totally destroying 2 Trans In my 06 I don't trust launching in second gear. That would be moving one problem to another place. Once we can figure out what is manipulating the Duty Cycle to not do what is commanded it should take care of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dseitler

Reaction score
I modified the stock Exhaust Damper Assembly to fit my 5" open AFE exhaust. It cut down on most of the drone I had at 70 to 85 MPH when cruising. It move the harmonic to 65 mph but not bad. Took most of the off idle noise away from the front of the truck and moved the sound out the back. Took less than an hour but I think it was worth it. Put it in the same spot as the stock exhaust.

Attachments

• Exhaust damper Ass-1.jpg
    Exhaust damper Ass-1.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 117
  • Exhaust damper Ass-2.jpg
    Exhaust damper Ass-2.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 110
  • Exhaust damper Ass-3.jpg
    Exhaust damper Ass-3.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 113

bricewise

Reaction score
I modified the stock Exhaust Damper Assembly to fit my 5" open AFE exhaust. It cut down on most of the drone I had at 70 to 85 MPH when cruising. It move the harmonic to 65 mph but not bad. Took most of the off idle noise away from the front of the truck and moved the sound out the back. Took less than an hour but I think it was worth it. Put it in the same spot as the stock exhaust.

Lol. So thats what that thing was? Oops I just tossed it.

powerstroke22

Reaction score
I'm worried about that. After totally destroying 2 Trans In my 06 I don't trust launching in second gear. That would be moving one problem to another place. Once we can figure out what is manipulating the Duty Cycle to not do what is commanded it should take care of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just curious why you see launching in 2nd being a problem?

The few boosted launches I've done on the street and in the yard my truck hates it in 1st gear. Not saying your wrong about it destroying the trans, just looking for a little insight.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Hmm I will have to try that.

gfulton

Reaction score

Where did you get that thing? Come with the kit? Hey Tadd wheres mine....??

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Where did you get that thing? Come with the kit? Hey Tadd wheres mine....??

it came on your truck from the factory. and launching in 2nd is just fine. im actually waiting for a tune that locks 1st out with the tow haul button.

Latest posts

Members online