6.7L Carnage - Testing the limits

zippyrat

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thank you, I totally agree. The fuel control is easily there with a twin pump system. Now we just need to figure out the best turbo/trans/rotating assembly modifications to reliably live at 750HP. I am excited for what the future holds.

yeah and i will actually look at the tune next time before jumping out there.
haha :morons:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Hey back to the trans thing, i think this is the same thing we discussed bently about my truck in texas, i think if the truck senses some converter slip it kicks it out of lock up to try and save the trans/converter, i would bet this is the same thing that happened today.

Lock up switch might be the cure or finding the table that will just keep it locked not matter how bad the thing slips

zippyrat

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Hey back to the trans thing, i think this is the same thing we discussed bently about my truck in texas, i think if the truck senses some converter slip it kicks it out of lock up to try and save the trans/converter, i would bet this is the same thing that happened today.

Lock up switch might be the cure or finding the table that will just keep it locked not matter how bad the thing slips

thats what they had to do on the allision so that makes allot of sense

or maybe turn it to the hot mode table like 5r110

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out what I'm gonna do when my daily driver 6.7 is nastier than my 6.0 pullin truck. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out what I'm gonna do when my daily driver 6.7 is nastier than my 6.0 pullin truck. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still plan on keeping mine the EFFF alone, but this makes me feel better about pulling whatever i want LOL

H&S Bentley

Reaction score

Yes, it definitely is a protective feature of the 6.7L trans. I still have not looked a ton into the 6.4L, but I assume it is much the same. It will ramp pressure up also to protect itself from further slippage (if the gain values are still within a certain range). I still have a lot to learn about the theory of operation with the 5r110 and 6r140, but the amount of control is incredible. I see why a PCS is so hard to get to work correctly on one of these transmissions.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yep totally agree, let me know if you find anything. I'm thinking a converter will fix mine.

What was the highest fuel only run? ... unlike most of you i had to actually work today!!! LOL

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
yep totally agree, let me know if you find anything. I'm thinking a converter will fix mine.

What was the highest fuel only run? ... unlike most of you i had to actually work today!!! LOL

I love paid vacation days.... LOL

I think it was 600 something

01PSD

Reaction score
600ish IIRC, then 700 3 times in a row with nitrous, then 750 with nos, then 797 with nos, then 884 after Zane worked his ass off to conjure something together LOL

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Thats cool, fuel numbers seam to be harder on parts because it requires more fuel, air and back pressure to make it happen. I am however surprised it went that high on stock parts tho... and even more shocked the trans was the weak link in all of this

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Bentley did mention after the first 700 pull that BP was too high, so they made an adjustment for that. Today was an exciting day, I'm glad that we were slow at work. Me and a guy I work with watched the entire 2hr50min show lol

sent from the sea

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
Thats cool, fuel numbers seam to be harder on parts because it requires more fuel, air and back pressure to make it happen. I am however surprised it went that high on stock parts tho... and even more shocked the trans was the weak link in all of this

Dustin I think the same thing as you, that fuel only numbers are the hardest on parts because you only have the factors that you can control in fuel amount/pressure, air and back pressure to make big number but with nitrous you can have a very over fueled truck but make great numbers because the nitrous is allowing so much more air in over the turbo capacity with the heavy fueling.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.