6.7L Carnage - Testing the limits

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Thats cool, fuel numbers seam to be harder on parts because it requires more fuel, air and back pressure to make it happen. I am however surprised it went that high on stock parts tho... and even more shocked the trans was the weak link in all of this

Yeah, but at 1668 ft/lbs I wouldn't really call it a weak link. I can't wait to see what can be produced fuel only.

mandkole

Reaction score
No shortage of fuel. The fuel system and injectors are more than impressive--although we knew it, the gains made with the new CR show its def not the limit any more. Amazing capability.

Agreed--im in for the max effort fuel only numbers. They are what matter to most guys and will be the day in/day out measuring stick to the other engines.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
As this platform grows and things are learned it will continue to impress. The saddest part about it is that most people will not have access to the tuning to make this happen as the EPA has made it clear this stuff isn't going to happen. It's really a shame, especially knowing how clean they can likely make this run.

Chris

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yeah, but at 1668 ft/lbs I wouldn't really call it a weak link. I can't wait to see what can be produced fuel only.

oh yeah dont get me wrong no weak link. I sprayed my 5r to 760 one time and it was not happy all stock.

I'm really hoping that the initial scare on this engine about the fuel system being very small and the rods being weak are just a few things that need to be addressed at first and then fuel only numbers come up. 600hp on a 63 is pretty impressive anyway.

I'm really curious to see how the head flow ect comes into play down the road, if a guy can just pull the motor, put in rods, dual fuelers and maybe nozzles, do a nice single turbo and make say 800 hp on fuel, that would be great.

Honestly no worse than a 6.4, sure you can do all that without pulling the engine but how long will the pistons last? Not long...

Good work guys I'm excited to see where all this heads, def not selling my 6.4 anytime soon but we need the current engine platform to work well to keep up with the duramax and cummings homos LOL

Gearhead

Reaction score
Hey back to the trans thing, i think this is the same thing we discussed bently about my truck in texas, i think if the truck senses some converter slip it kicks it out of lock up to try and save the trans/converter, i would bet this is the same thing that happened today.

Lock up switch might be the cure or finding the table that will just keep it locked not matter how bad the thing slips

You aren't the only seeing this.....

Dzchey21

Reaction score
You aren't the only seeing this.....

Any idea if there is a fix for it?

My truck only does it on shifts ,where the converter is kinda slipping on the shift, just long enough to kick it out, i bet im loosing out on a couple mph and a couple tenths, cuz when the truck locks back up it pulls crazy hard again...

Last edited by a moderator:

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Any idea if there is a fix for it?

My truck only does it on shifts ,where the converter is kinda slipping on the shift, just long enough to kick it out, i bet im loosing out on a couple mph and a couple tenths, cuz when the truck locks back up it pulls crazy hard again...

Mine is doing the same thing Dustin. It's annoying as hell. When I roll deep in the pedal it feels like its blowing through the converter. I have it set to lock in 4th, but it doesn't if I'm hard on it, it slips into 5th and then locks around 3000. Kind of has me worried

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing Dustin. It's annoying as hell. When I roll deep in the pedal it feels like its blowing through the converter. I have it set to lock in 4th, but it doesn't if I'm hard on it, it slips into 5th and then locks around 3000. Kind of has me worried

:whs: mine does it occasionally. it'll shift 4th lock converter, unlock, then lock 5th converter

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

Nic

Reaction score
oh yeah dont get me wrong no weak link. I sprayed my 5r to 760 one time and it was not happy all stock.

I'm really hoping that the initial scare on this engine about the fuel system being very small and the rods being weak are just a few things that need to be addressed at first and then fuel only numbers come up. 600hp on a 63 is pretty impressive anyway.

I'm really curious to see how the head flow ect comes into play down the road, if a guy can just pull the motor, put in rods, dual fuelers and maybe nozzles, do a nice single turbo and make say 800 hp on fuel, that would be great.

Honestly no worse than a 6.4, sure you can do all that without pulling the engine but how long will the pistons last? Not long...

Good work guys I'm excited to see where all this heads, def not selling my 6.4 anytime soon but we need the current engine platform to work well to keep up with the duramax and cummings homos LOL

So in your opinion, which would be a better buy right now for a play toy..6.4 or 6.7. Is the 6.7 that much more advanced than the 6.4 for power gains? Would be like comparing a 6.0 to a 6.4?

6.4stroke

So in your opinion, which would be a better buy right now for a play toy..6.4 or 6.7. Is the 6.7 that much more advanced than the 6.4 for power gains? Would be like comparing a 6.0 to a 6.4?

We have not seen a reliable setup. I'm impressed by the dyno results but its not on the street. 6.4s are stronger with stock internals. You will need to upgrade the 6.7s internals to make it reliable.

Last edited:

Lamont_24

Reaction score

There's not as much aftermarket support for the 6.7 yet either

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I wonder how many people went out and turned their 6.7 up and are driving really aggressive now after all this LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.