600hp was fun but boring. Going bigger!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Been working 12 hours a day 7 days a week and will for the next 4-6 weeks. Also have 5 other trucks needing work. I still haven't even replaced the water pump. I did buy a new one though! LOL

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Still working 7 12's, but I finally got everyone else's trucks done so I FINALLY put the water pump on tonight. Ran it a little bit and no oil lines blew and no more coolant leak. I do need to replace the idler pulley though. Also when I rev it over 2k it pops. I'll have to see what it does when I'm making a full throttle run, but I don't like it doing that. It never ends.....

DocBar

Reaction score
Still working 7 12's, but I finally got everyone else's trucks done so I FINALLY put the water pump on tonight. Ran it a little bit and no oil lines blew and no more coolant leak. I do need to replace the idler pulley though. Also when I rev it over 2k it pops. I'll have to see what it does when I'm making a full throttle run, but I don't like it doing that. It never ends.....
I hope you get the bugs worked out. I'm really interested to see how it does. I can't wait to find out what your double top-secret turbo set is going to be.

I know it hasn't gotten warm up there yet, but how are you liking the flexalite fans so far?

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Quit fishing for clues! LOL I won't have the turbo(s) until I get the race truck going. This one is staying a single.

I haven't really driven it at all since I last posted. From one end of the driveway to the other is all.

DocBar

Reaction score
Quit fishing for clues! LOL I won't have the turbo(s) until I get the race truck going. This one is staying a single.

I haven't really driven it at all since I last posted. From one end of the driveway to the other is all.
LOL. Can't blame a guy for trying. I've looked at those fans for a few years but always get scared away from them. If they can handle the summer heat where you live, that would be encouraging.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Very! Shot a full mile with it last July. It still had enough energy to dent the steel. It's incredibly accurate, but it's kind of high maintenance. It has a 33" Bartlein progressive twist barrel. If I'm lucky it will last me 750 rounds before needing set back an inch. The bolt had to be 100% custom made and the extractor is weak so every 50-60 rounds I have to change it out. Also it weighs 30 freaking pounds so it isn't something you carry around. It's exactly a high HP truck. There isn't anything on the road more awesome, but you definitely don't want it to be a daily driver.

ToMang07

Reaction score
LOL. Can't blame a guy for trying. I've looked at those fans for a few years but always get scared away from them. If they can handle the summer heat where you live, that would be encouraging.

sent while swerving into the wrong lane...

Latest posts

Members online