600hp was fun but boring. Going bigger!

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
how are you going to have a season opener, with 24+ inches of snow on the ground??

did it melt already??

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Yep. It was fun till it started melting and made soup out of the roads, my driveway, and everything that isn't paved.

For you guys waiting on a verdict about the flexalite fans, here it is. The fitment is a little off. The bracket on the driver side hits the radiator bracket, and fans won't let the coolant degas bottle bolt down properly. Other than that, its wonderful. Coolant temps are staying actually a bit below normal. Even under heavy high egt throttle coolant temp stays in check perfectly. Without the fan running constantly it also warms up much quicker now. All in all I am very very pleased.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Got my new base tune from Matt to work off of. Not sure what has to be worked about it though. It's pretty awesome to start out with! Very happy! It definitely idles and just runs much smoother. It has a bit more smoke than Jelich's tunes did, but for a drive around town tune it sounds and feels much smoother. I even accidentally did a little mudding with it earlier. LOL I was driving down the hedge row here and hit a soft spot. That's another thing crossed off the list of stuff yet to do on it! The next thing to do before driving it at all is put a new water pump on. It's just leaking all the time now.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Nah. The oil just made it all shiny! LOL

You know, it kinda sucks. All the stuff that I assembled and put together is fine. It's the parts failing that did it. You know what I mean? All the gaskets are fine and I tightened all the bolts properly. Even the ccv doesn't leak. It kinda annoys me that there is oil all over the engine.

Latest posts

Members online