600hp was fun but boring. Going bigger!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Of course it doesn't clean em up. Lol! It's weird though. Once it hits 40psi it just sets there like I have a wastegate almost. It just...... stops going up.

That is goofy! LOL I would think that thing would blow a garrett out of the water!! :lookaround: But you do have a waste gate! Or atleast I thought you did? I do not feel like going back to the first thread of your but I thought you had one. When I read that I though. Chris is yanking chains again!

I understand what you're saying, but what I'm getting at is it can be any psi. Anything 7-70 and it'll read good as long as the resivour is full.

Exactly!

V-Ref

Reaction score
Chris

Forgive me for not digging through your thread and finding out what this race build setup is inj/turbo wise....

But I've ran a couple configs of IPR returns/HPOP supp feeds....and got in the heads of the smart guys here on the forum....and was chasing an idle quality issue.

I've settled on the IPR return into the pax vc, and a supplemental oil feed from the front drivers side of the block just above the oil pan into the HPOP res. No oil pressure guage issue, and idle quality has been best in this config. My 2 cents FWIW...

Here it is with the IPR feeding into a T with the supplemental feed....kinda has a chug to it at idle with warmer oil. That went a way when I put the IPR return to the pax valve cover.

i-bChXFPq-L.jpg

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
The wastegate is not installed yet.

I like the configuration I have with the IPR dumping back to the resivour. I'm just going to run another from the front side of the block to the top inspection plug for more volume. It idles like a dream right now. It's full throttle only that I have an issue.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The wastegate is not installed yet.

I like the configuration I have with the IPR dumping back to the resivour. I'm just going to run another from the front side of the block to the top inspection plug for more volume. It idles like a dream right now. It's full throttle only that I have an issue.

ive read that in a couple threads now and though in bone stock form it prolly doesnt need the extra feed line from the block to the hpop.. but wouldnt it benefit anyone running a upgraded hpop or bigger injectors to add that second feed like you mentioned?
live life full throttle

TARM

Reaction score
I prefer the IPR dumping back into the VC or block somewhere and then adding in extra feed. I know when I had the dual stealths that made a world of dif on hot idle. Idle was fine when cold but when it got warm especially as the oil got older it had a rougher and rough idle when hot.

Then again if you say it idles sweet right now then I would not mess with it either just add the extra feed and be done with it. But if you end up having issues just keep the other way in the back of your head.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
The sound in the video did not sound like it came from the exhaust. Like Dave said. Are you sure it not the flexplate? They will sound the same way when they come loose. We had one do that and we thought for sure the engine was toast!!! It sounded like the valve train was going to pieces and sounded like bent rods all at the same time. Turned out it was just a loose flex-plate.

Might be a cheaper and more easy fix then you think! Problems always seem worse when they first happen.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Well I'm really hoping it's trans related. It'll be a lot cheaper and easier to fix. Basically it does that at idle and quits when it revs up. I didn't get much time to diagnose. That was in the parking lot when I got to work. I did notice though that it was shifting a lot harder today. I only did 2 runs at almost full throttle with no launch and no nitrous. Basically just what I did in the video above. However, that trans does have a whoooooooooole lot of track passes on it. The engine only has 98 miles on it since I put it in. Also, the flex plate is a billet ATS. I don't see it coming loose, but it may have. It could also be the torque converter. It runs fine though. I guess I'll pull the trans too when I get ready to reseal the fluidamper and put the wastegate in. I need to do it soon. Only 3 weeks till TS and I may need to make a trip to Leadhill Arkansas in between there.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
hope it is only the flexplate or tc... easy fix.. im sure the bolts are still tight but the last one i heard like that, the flexplate wasn't connected to anything cuz it broke around the outside of the bolts.. pulled trans back and it almost fell out on my cousins head. he actually had a tc laying there to put in it cuz they thought it was the converter... did the same as yours, it would go away under load or revved up...

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I've broken 2 of them myself. I hear what you're saying, but it's a billet flex plate and I couldn't have pushed more than 600-650hp to it twice for about 10-15 seconds.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
got ya, prolly tc then... but like i said my speakers are ****ty.. and ive seen weirder chit happen... just cuz its billet don't mean its unbreakable.. either way hope its something simple...

Last edited:

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Have you looked at the TC/flex plate yet?

Loose bolts between the two sound like a broken flex plate.

Latest posts

Members online