600hp was fun but boring. Going bigger!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
You guys are gonna give me crap for this...... But I drove it the 25 miles home. Did it as soon as I started it and all the way out of town. By the time I got home it quit. Oh what a day it has been. Split 16 at work and then this. I'm going to bed.

DocBar

Reaction score
You guys are gonna give me crap for this...... But I drove it the 25 miles home. Did it as soon as I started it and all the way out of town. By the time I got home it quit. Oh what a day it has been. Split 16 at work and then this. I'm going to bed.

Could you tell anything from driving it? I'm sure you babied it, but were there any other symptoms?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

flex plate prolly wedged itself in there... lol...

bad12jr

Reaction score
I didn't think mine could be loose either. But it was and sounded horrible at shutdown. And under throttle it would quit shaking. Cruising is where the vibration was.

Sent from my x2 chillin in the middle of no where

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Well I pulled the inspection plate and wiggled/pryed on the flex plate. No movement. The exhaust was loose but that wasn't the culprit. I guess I'll just have to remove the trans completely.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Went back out to do a couple more runs. I noticed the ses light kinda flashed a little twice. Got these.

IMG_20130422_194500_219.jpg

Haven't had em again yet. Well, the ones that matter anyway.

TARM

Reaction score
I hope you checked real careful for the starting of any stress cracks around the flex plate holes. The ones I have seen loose tend to let go from the beating they took while loose especially if they keep being driving LOL But you might be OK. Surprised with that racket the holes were not rounded out or the bolts messed up. You may have gotten very lucky.

So on to your next issue. Gosh aren't electronic engines fun LOL

So what do you think the issue is

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I hope you checked real careful for the starting of any stress cracks around the flex plate holes. The ones I have seen loose tend to let go from the beating they took while loose especially if they keep being driving LOL But you might be OK. Surprised with that racket the holes were not rounded out or the bolts messed up. You may have gotten very lucky.

I think the issue is the whole bottom front of my engine is coated with oil from the fluidamper. If they don't come back I won't mess with em. It's driving like a dream other than the low oil pressure under full throttle thing. Those other videos I posted were about half throttle since it was raining like heck.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

sometimes i just wanna throw a stick of tnt in the engine compartment and do away with the electrical chit.. lol.... but i still love it when it all works together and runs smooth.

Yep. Don't even need the rest of that crap on the truck.

did you just delete them with tuning or did you just get rid of them without messing with the tunes?

I think the issue is the whole bottom front of my engine is coated with oil from the fluidamper. If they don't come back I won't mess with em. It's driving like a dream other than the low oil pressure under full throttle thing. Those other videos I posted were about half throttle since it was raining like heck.

is it still to squirrely with hi lock?

live life full throttle

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I just took the stuff off. Didn't mess with the tuning. I took off the aih, wastegate stuff, ebpv and even the sensor, and all the fuel bowl stuff. I'm not sure why the 3rd gear ratio, IDM, boost, and cam codes were there. The icp code is pretty normal. It may have been some kind of little glitch. I hope anyway.

It was very squirrely yes.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
didnt know you could just take it off without it messing something up in some of the parameters...

that thing must get with it then if hi lock is iffy..
live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.