600hp was fun but boring. Going bigger!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I don't know why it would mess with anything. They're not important to the function of the engine. I mean, I don't even have a fuel bowl and it has a T4 kit. Where would you put that stuff? Nowhere. It's gone.

It was raining pretty hard so....

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I don't know why it would mess with anything. They're not important to the function of the engine. I mean, I don't even have a fuel bowl and it has a T4 kit. Where would you put that stuff? Nowhere. It's gone.

It was raining pretty hard so....

no clue, thats why i asked! i have drop in stuff. but even then if i can get rid of some chit, i may... you dont have the bp sensor either do you?

yeah i know it was raining... but when its not?

live life full throttle

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
No I dont. I just kinda left that one off on a whim. I'm gonna put a manual gauge on it into the cab to watch it.

It'll roast all 4 tires for quite a while on sealed pavement. It's not like I have slicks on sticky pavement. There isn't as much traction as you might think.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
My experience with loose TC bolts required a tap, longer bolts, locktite, and a few prayers.

The same big single disk converter, billet flex plate, and trans are in that truck today though.

Same deal though, buddy of mine was sure he blew the engine. Took him about another 20k after that to blow the engine lol.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
So I drove it to work again last night. Drove great. I got in it this morning to come home and it started up really easy. Especially for being 35° out and an engine with piston work. Just a little smoke on startup. Let it warm up and took off. The dang ses flashed at me again. Haven't checked yet, but I bet I have those same codes again. It seems to be running smooth and without issue, but I can't help but feel like it isn't right. I can't quite explain it. It has a bit more of a knock than usual and it has almost a feel of a really slight miss. It's weird. I can't say it's missing on a cylinder, but it has that feel like it's an issue that's starting. I'll bet the IDM code isn't fake if I had to guess.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Your getting paranoid. Every little rattle or squeak from here on out is going to put you on edge.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
No matter what you do, if you take material off the piston you lower compression. I don't know how much Carson Stauffer took off.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i ask, as i dropped compression in mine, and am having to have to tunes redone to accomodate for that specifically.

i also get a haze till it warms up. mines bluish/fuel smelling.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.