600hp was fun but boring. Going bigger!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Well I got the code again. Not the cam. Just the IDM code. Gonna have to get a different one. I don't want a high freq IDM. Just high volt. I don't want it creating an idle solution issue in the tuning with these big injectors.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Well I got the code again. Not the cam. Just the IDM code. Gonna have to get a different one. I don't want a high freq IDM. Just high volt. I don't want it creating an idle solution issue in the tuning with these big injectors.

I ran bigger inj than that with the swamps idm. No idle issue.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
I'm not knocking the idm I've had very good luck with it and put over 100k on it but I don't want someone to buy it thinking its gonna make there sh!t faster.

And yes bigger than a 400/400

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I wouldn't be buying an IDM if it wasn't bad. In fact I may yet just put one of my spares on it. Just thought about it since I will already be in there.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Chris, I've got a hi volt one on my dually you can borrow. Or my swamps one that's going into dads. Not using it right now. You could use either to test if you want. Dad will be back tomorrow. I could tell him where stuffs at if you want. Call or text me.

mattman347

Reaction score
P1316 could be an injector armature too close to the solenoid. Can you do a buzz test? If it comes up with an individual cylinder that might be your issue. Swap the idm first though.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Ryan I'll holler at ya when I get a chance. I do want to try out a high volt IDM.

Matt they're new injectors. They only have about 200 miles on them. I'll check though.

DocBar

Reaction score
Bigger than 400/400's? I believe it was Docbar that had that issue on his.
Got the wrong guy, Chris. I'm still running the 250/100's and stock IDM. That will be changing when I pass through Phoenix on my way home. Getting a Swamps IDM from Strictly.:rockon:

TARM

Reaction score
vanderchevy,

I know what you mean by that something just isn't right feeling. I had the same thing a few times now and everytime int eh end it proved out to be a real issue. Had what basically is just as you describe and a nozzle on one injector ended up splitting apart in the next 100 miles. The only symptoms was a tad bit or light smoke just a bit mroe than ususal and a bit more tap or knock sound I could hear on one side. Nothing anyone else would likely ever notice.

Had some weird codes but did not add up to it. IN the end it ended up being the one nozzle and a injector was slightly out of spec in one area.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
its annoying how much i listen to my motors run... everyone that rides with me hates it too cuz i dont listen to the radio... ive literally drove from novato california to minneapolis minnesota with no radio on, without stopping but for 1 fillup.. also noticed today that a certain sound my 01 motor was making is no longer making it... prolly gonna destruct anytime now...

DocBar

Reaction score
its annoying how much i listen to my motors run... everyone that rides with me hates it too cuz i dont listen to the radio... ive literally drove from novato california to minneapolis minnesota with no radio on, without stopping but for 1 fillup.. also noticed today that a certain sound my 01 motor was making is no longer making it... prolly gonna destruct anytime now...
You drove 2,000 miles on 2 tanks? What kind of aux fuel tank do you use? I've considered getting the bigger aftermarket one that replaces the stock fuel tank.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
It definitely has a more defined miss today. I really need to figure out if its IDM or injector. I'm actually hoping its the IDM.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.