600hp was fun but boring. Going bigger!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Chris, I've got a hi volt one on my dually you can borrow. Or my swamps one that's going into dads. Not using it right now. You could use either to test if you want. Dad will be back tomorrow. I could tell him where stuffs at if you want. Call or text me.

Wanna send me one? I'll toss the swamps one in and if it works out I'll buy you a new one.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
You drove 2,000 miles on 2 tanks? What kind of aux fuel tank do you use? I've considered getting the bigger aftermarket one that replaces the stock fuel tank.
90 gallon drag tank in the back with my old sd pump plumbed into it on a toggle switch to fill my stock tank with...
It definitely has a more defined miss today. I really need to figure out if its IDM or injector. I'm actually hoping its the IDM.
dam, thats no good! hope thats all it is too man..

907DAVE

Reaction score
400% nozzles are finicky. Tuning needs to be spot on for them to work perfectly in all situations.

Any chance the operating/ ambient temp has changed from before?

907DAVE

Reaction score
I could have swore mine had a deeper exhaust tone before it popped the first time, but I am over paranoid about that kind of stuff.

Anymore on that truck....I let it eat! Race truck!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
That's funny. When my first one blew I had no idea and it sounded absolutely perfect. The second one I knew from the moment I started it up that it had something not quite right with it. I'll sleep just fine. This ain't my first rodeo. That's why I got a built engine. When it starts giving me fits I just put my foot down. Boost up, hammer down, and she'll run like a raped ape. Almost every problem can be fixed with more throttle.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Ya ya, I have been saying it like that for the past 14 years. Something about diesels and "throttle" just seems wrong to me, I had to change it up.

JD3020

Reaction score
I'm gonna jump back a bit.

When you started having the flywheel issues, did it start out faint at first then get worse? In neutral/park my truck has a faint grinding noise from the flywheel area. Put it in gear and it goes away, and no issues. Seems to be getting a little louder. I did have the flywheel off when the engine was out. Really hoping i don't have to pull the trans now...

JD3020

Reaction score
Hmm. Well maybe mine isn't that. It's ran a good bit, and i've ran it hard some, and it really hasn't gotten any worse. Just doesn't seem like it'd be a normal sound. Especially coming from a $1200 converter. LOL

JD3020

Reaction score
So, whatd you do to keep the bolts tight? I've got a horrible noise at shut-down now, so i guess i'm gonna have to tear into it. Really weird though because at an idle its still very quiet, and going down the road there are no issues at all. Unless its not the flexplate and is something else.

JD3020

Reaction score
Did you torque em good the first time?

BTW, sorry bout the de-rail. I just remembered you had these issues, so i figured i'd pick your brain some. LOL

Latest posts

Members online