600hp was fun but boring. Going bigger!

TARM

Reaction score
I am still surprised it did not wallow out the bolt holes or ruin the bolts or threading. Vander you really got lucky IMO. If that had been me the flexplate would have been cracked a few of the bolts broken off inside and the holes would had been wallowed out as well LOL My luck I would have needed a new crank or something of like damage.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Got a few more things done today. Installed swamps high volt high freq IDM, 33x12 mickey atz's, washed the truck, installed water method, installed nitrous, new idler pulley, ran a line from the block to the oil resivour to fix the low oil pressure issue, and tried to fix the oil leak. I'll get a new front seal tomorrow and actually get it stopped. It started and ran amazing. The new IDM totally improved throttle response. My first run was so bad ass that I was shaking afterward. It was incredible. My phone was screwed up so it didn't get the video. The second run wasn't quite as good. My guess is because I blew the boost line off. It threw a icp code too. I cleared the dtc's and ran it again and it ran great with no light, but when I got back it was idling rough. Like a really funky idle. I pulled the dipstick right after I shut it off and it was a bit foamy. Probably because it's Rotella T6 5w40 synthetic. Too thin possibly? No clue what the rough idle is about. Does it even worse when i up the RPM's. No codes or anything. Buzz is good. No codes on cyl contribution test. It's weird. I'm uploading videos now.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
1 IPR. It's been a while, but one line goes into the resivour where the oil sensor goes in and the other also goes into the top of the front cover but it goes down through the front cover.

TARM

Reaction score
Been running schaeffers in my vehicles for years now. Doubt I will ever switch.

Just a very good oil with what is likely the best additive package in the industry. I run the 9K presently but I ran the 7k for years and it was great.

I have over the years switched to all there products for my vehicles. Oil and additive then trans fuel grease and gear oils lastly.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Luke I do need some for the Ex. I'll grab some when I get the chips. I'll just run motorcraft for now in mine.

Ordering an ATI damper today. The Fluidamper is too wore out and won't quit leaking even with a new seal.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
is that very common with the damper? im having a fluidamper put on my motor thats getting rebuilt and just wanna know what to look for?

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online