A little update on my truck...

jdgleason

Reaction score
JD u speak words of truth. Lol. Think we discussed this earlier. Lol. Drives me nuts to hear that from someone. I know y'all tell me I should have no issues being around 700hp. But the proof is in the pudding and I haven't poured the milk yet. Lol

If my truck trapped over 700 with 60hp nozzles at 6,000', yours will be close enough that it doesn't matter down where you are closer to sea level.

Real men brake chit.

I'll stick to being a little girl, thanks. Lol

TXlineman83

Reaction score
If my truck trapped over 700 with 60hp nozzles at 6,000', yours will be close enough that it doesn't matter down where you are closer to sea level.

I'll stick to being a little girl, thanks. Lol

I agree JD. I'll stick to keeping my truck on the road vs the shop.

Question for you is are you spraying the giggly gogo juice on factory bottom end.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
I'm spraying it on factory most things. Factory head gaskets with H-11 studs. Heads have never been off the truck.

You have a gate too right. Springs and pushrods. I'm sure I could go back and find this info in ur thread. But just thought I would ask. I need to worry more about a trans and traction then spray. But I may keep it in the back of my head for future

jdgleason

Reaction score
You have a gate too right. Springs and pushrods. I'm sure I could go back and find this info in ur thread. But just thought I would ask. I need to worry more about a trans and traction then spray. But I may keep it in the back of my head for future

He has stock valve train. Stock push rods and springs

What this guy said ^

Planned on springs and push rods for DPC, but now........

Not really, they are waiting at the shop. They will go in with the 6.0 manifolds and up pipes when the big chargers go on.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
What this guy said ^

Planned on springs and push rods for DPC, but now........

Not really, they are waiting at the shop. They will go in with the 6.0 manifolds and up pipes when the big chargers go on.

Sheesh. I overbuilt then. Lol. Jk. Well I'll leave y'all alone. Thanks for the insight.

On a side note. Heads off my truck. Seems no ring groove at top of my cylinders. Shop tells me it looks really good and clean. Yay.

swinky

Reaction score
These things have really gained weight over the years. My 03 ccsb is 7400 with a 1/4 tank. My wheels are heavy as Hell too.

That's really awesome your truck has treated you so well jd. I bet you're at the point where you feel like it doesn't owe you anything and wouldn't be all that disappointed if it blew up tomorrow. That's a damn good feeling.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

jdgleason

Reaction score
Sheesh. I overbuilt then. Lol. Jk. Well I'll leave y'all alone. Thanks for the insight.

On a side note. Heads off my truck. Seems no ring groove at top of my cylinders. Shop tells me it looks really good and clean. Yay.

Lol I always tell people that my results are not typical... I've been incredibly lucky that this truck has treated me so well. I try to take really good care of the motor as far as maintenance goes.

These things have really gained weight over the years. My 03 ccsb is 7400 with a 1/4 tank. My wheels are heavy as Hell too.

That's really awesome your truck has treated you so well jd. I bet you're at the point where you feel like it doesn't owe you anything and wouldn't be all that disappointed if it blew up tomorrow. That's a damn good feeling.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

We were talking about that yesterday. I couldn't ask for any more from this truck.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Lol I always tell people that my results are not typical... I've been incredibly lucky that this truck has treated me so well. I try to take really good care of the motor as far as maintenance goes.

We were talking about that yesterday. I couldn't ask for any more from this truck.

Oh I know they r not typical. I deleted and tuned mine and blew an up pipe with in 2 wks.

RSK

Reaction score
yup, a guy I know deleted and tuned his 6.4...melted every single piston in it, turbos were shot, whole thing was trashed running from the popo and he was only in the spartan 250 tune, but he did hold it wide open for 4 or 5 miles bouncing off the rev limiter dry pavement so he was going pretty fast when the motor was toasted...and it was warrantied, and he did evade them. and now his up pipes are ***ed 30,000 miles later....wouldn't you know he brought the tech, arp head studs, and an egr delete kit, and got it all installed under warranty while his new motor was going in.

Last edited:

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
my dad always told me, that no matter what your doing....

if its over built you will never know it.

but if its under built you'll find out fast.

cars, trucks, buildings, anything.

there is no such thing as over built

B585Ford

Reaction score
Still a lot of frame and back seat. Keep in mind, my doors, back wall, and floor in the back are all sound deadened too.

Probably my favorite part from yesterday was the track attendant waving me away from the 11.99 and quicker class. They separated all cars into 12 and slower and 11.99 and quicker. I pulled up to staging and the guy waved me away. "This is the 11.99 and quicker, come back in 10-15 minutes!" Lol. I told him I was there for 11.99 and quicker, and he goes "THIS runs 11.99 or quicker?" LOL

That's awesome!!! Was that the first time you have been the driver and broke 12 (any vehicle)?

B585Ford

Reaction score
my dad always told me, that no matter what your doing....

if its over built you will never know it.

but if its under built you'll find out fast.

cars, trucks, buildings, anything.

there is no such thing as over built

I think I will have to borrow that and tell my son the samething....probably wait till he is 2 though.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
yup, a guy I know deleted and tuned his 6.4...melted every single piston in it, turbos were shot, whole thing was trashed running from the popo and he was only in the spartan 250 tune, but he did hold it wide open for 4 or 5 miles bouncing off the rev limiter dry pavement so he was going pretty fast when the motor was toasted...and it was warrantied, and he did evade them. and now his up pipes are ***ed 30,000 miles later....wouldn't you know he brought the tech, arp head studs, and an egr delete kit, and got it all installed under warranty while his new motor was going in.

that dude is a turd. i hope it blows up again.

B585Ford

Reaction score

JD's truck is a freak.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Well I went to the track again last night and only got two runs in before it rained. First run I made a slow pass and second run realized I was out of nitrous. Ran 12.1 both passes. A couple buddies got decent videos of the truck I thought I'd share!

http://youtu.be/z3UPoI88V1c

http://youtu.be/Z4bnDDy2C_Y

I don't have a video of the first pass, but I spun pretty bad. I can honestly say that I am now a firm believer in OUO's stuff and I'm betting that if I didn't have that setup I would have broken some stuff. I left too hard and did a 4 wheel drive burnout for what felt like forever. I assume it was only 80-100', but the truck stayed planted. No hopping, no shudder, no drama. Just a clean, smooth destruction of tires LOL

Disregard the shifting in that run - needed to make a tweak to the tune that Matt has already done for me :D

Oh, and here's a sweet picture lol
atesy2u9.jpg

dsberman94

Reaction score
You guys have to have a ton of time into tuning to get that truck that clean at that altitude while getting as much power out of it at possible. I wonder how different the numbers would be at sea level.

Posted from ***itville, USA

Latest posts

Members online