After market HPOP

TyCorr

Reaction score
If its doggy under throttle it's junk. Mine does that and it's only making 2800 psi of icp. It's junk. It's doing the SAME exact thing as the other ten that are failing on this forum alone right now. I'm fairly certain he isn't going to make this right at any point. He told me via email that people who have trouble with his pumps are typically the problem not his work. He's also FOS too.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I'd probably throw it in the cut your losses column. Send it somewhere else as a core and try to forget about it.

old man dave

Reaction score
If I could get half my $$ back if I get a bad one, I would do just that. As it is right now, I could drop the $$ and be in the same boat.

I'm thinking I'll hold onto my leaky SRP1 and see what happens. If Stealth had CS like FFD or Vision Diesel, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I don't see that happening. I'll deal with a leaky one, with a back up 17* and wait for other options. It may include using the Gen3 I have, but I'm not going to waste down time and CS headaches on one builder and I don't want the issues twins bring. I might be SOL, but I'm gonna bet on the HBsr or finding a billet Stealth.

What issues do twins bring? And are you referring to inlines or the BTS? They do use a lot of space.

Last edited:

V-Ref

Reaction score
He told me via email that people who have trouble with his pumps are typically the problem not his work. He's also FOS too.

DI says this about headers.

Swamps says this about head studs.

Irate says this about his turbo kits.

And on and on and on.....I'm not saying your pump isn't effed up...just saying the 7.3 customer base spans quite the spectrum of folks....lots of shade trees, baling wire, vice grip, pipe wrench meckanecks out there for our vendors to deal with...I wouldn't take it personal.

Reaction score
I'll check icp tomorrow but I'm sure it's gonna be low as hell. I was planning on a HBsr. Since Jonathan did my whole build. But it seems that one is a ways off right now. Would a stock pump run my truck til Jon gets the SR. Released? I don't care about making power yet. I'm just wanting to get some miles on this engine but the no start when hot sucks!

V-Ref

Reaction score
I'll check icp tomorrow but I'm sure it's gonna be low as hell. I was planning on a HBsr. Since Jonathan did my whole build. But it seems that one is a ways off right now. Would a stock pump run my truck til Jon gets the SR. Released? I don't care about making power yet. I'm just wanting to get some miles on this engine but the no start when hot sucks!

No start is never good!

Hate to see you spend time & money in a inefficient manner to get your rig going...I'd say get some ICP/IPR DC numbers tomorrow...If you can correlate that data above with throttle % or inj PW...After your eot has warmed up some...you could feel confident in determining if it was a hpop issue

Reaction score
It runs great when it's cold. Idles nice and smooth but once it's hot It sounds like it's missing. And it's def lacking power. I'll get some cold hard facts tomorrow. Thanks for the advice!

TyCorr

Reaction score
Tycorr

What's the #s on Nozzles/ICP/PW/IPR DC?

Ok, here we go. Truck motor was put back in last spring. I had ads (the original stock set), 175/100s, and some 275s. The plan was to run the 275s but they were junk. They got sent in as cores for my 250/200s. I have new injectors in a box. I ran the stockers after reinstall so I didn't have another variable if there were issues.

TyCorr

Reaction score
No start is never good!

Hate to see you spend time & money in a inefficient manner to get your rig going...I'd say get some ICP/IPR DC numbers tomorrow...If you can correlate that data above with throttle % or inj PW...After your eot has warmed up some...you could feel confident in determining if it was a hpop issue

I'll try to get you solid numbers. Last night the sucker wouldn't build over 2700 psi at wot in a race tune.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I thought oil shear was a gen3 concern? Well, hell any upgraded unit probably is harder on the oil.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
According to data I've been reading on Bobistheoil guy, the HPOP shears 40 down to 30 weight as more and more guys there are starting to run 10-30 diesel oil for both standard and extended drain intervals.
I'd venture to say 15 or 17 is irrelevant in that regard, the oil shears down to 30. I'd also guess that raced up HPOP vehicles might experience this sooner but I've read no data confirming it.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
What are your guys thoughts on the dual terminator HPOP for 300/200s.
The BTS HPOP is on back order right now. Brian is waiting on pumps and doesn't know when he will have anymore in. Plus with my compound build, the inline pump design sounds like it will give me more room for my tubing.

TyCorr

Reaction score
What are your guys thoughts on the dual terminator HPOP for 300/200s.
The BTS HPOP is on back order right now. Brian is waiting on pumps and doesn't know when he will have anymore in. Plus with my compound build, the inline pump design sounds like it will give me more room for my tubing.

Thought? It's a metric **** ton of oil. What else is there to know? It's really the ONLY option available for larger oil demand. An adrenaline is a good pump but seems to be working hard with Stg 2 injectors. Not really a good option. Unless you run small injectors. Same goes for the t500. Both could be tuned to run your injectors but you'll be leaving some on the table due to inadequate icp at throttle input > 50%.

Or you could diy a gen3. But I don't know how.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I would think with those nozzles you'd be pushing it. But you have to ask yourself how do you drive? If 90% of the time it's being throttled to 33% and then let off at 60mph are you really going to discover the edge of an hpops efficiency? Probably not. But you could see some low icp scenarios passjng, merging, and towing. Wot runs you would see icp issues for sure.

Latest posts

Members online