After market HPOP

co04cobra

Reaction score
Hb jr. Will keep up with anything up to 250/200s. If you are going over that the sr would be worth the wait for all out Hp.

I've ran an ADR, srp1, gen3, t-500, and hb jr. I've posted data log info for each in at least 2 other threads. Also some dyno info comparisons for a couple of them. If someone doesn't find them. I'll try and dig them up later.

I'll give you this in a nutshell. The t-500, and ADR were good pumps for the money. But the Hb jr maintained considerable more oil psi when going all out.

The gen3 did great but it's an apples to oranges comparison and I only ran it with one set of 300/200s

Knock on wood* My original srp has never missed a beat. Psi is excellent but with the current failure rate and his cs. No way i would go that route. Jmo

TyCorr

Reaction score
Hb jr. Will keep up with anything up to 250/200s. If you are going over that the sr would be worth the wait for all out Hp.

I've ran an ADR, srp1, gen3, t-500, and hb jr. I've posted data log info for each in at least 2 other threads. Also some dyno info comparisons for a couple of them. If someone doesn't find them. I'll try and dig them up later.

I'll give you this in a nutshell. The t-500, and ADR were good pumps for the money. But the Hb jr maintained considerable more oil psi when going all out.

The gen3 did great but it's an apples to oranges comparison and I only ran it with one set of 300/200s

Knock on wood* My original srp has never missed a beat. Psi is excellent but with the current failure rate and his cs. No way i would go that route. Jmo

Mileage on your first gen srp1.?

co04cobra

Reaction score
40k give or take a little.

I also can not offer real world info on dual pumps. I have looked at them a lot in the past. It just seemed to add a ton of complexity that did not "have" to be there.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
I hear you. But I know they work and for any injectors of 250 cc or larger they are the only tried and true option, imo. But I haven't ran them either. So take that with a grain of salt. The overdrive and a stock or t500 would fix my oil needs.

co04cobra

Reaction score
I hear you. But I know they work and for any injectors of 250 cc or larger they are the only tried and true option, imo. But I haven't ran them either. So take that with a grain of salt. The overdrive and a stock or t500 would fix my oil needs.

I think you would be more then happy with a hb jr. And cs is excellent.

Diesel site usually has top notch products but the OD raises a few concerns to me. However I don't really think it's even available.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score

Not true. Both a gen3 and the bts duals are tried and true. I have first hand experience with both setups and large injectors and they both worked great.

As for oil shear, I can see the gen3 being a little rougher on the oil than say a billet single or termy twins, but the Bts twin setup is no harder on the oil than the termy twins. Same process just a different arrangement of pumps.

Also the inj cc size doesn't have **** to do with hpo needs. It is the nozzle size that makes the difference. A HB Jr will supply 400/200's just as well as it does 250/200's. Once you get over a 200% nozzle, you start to need some type of dual pumps or a gen3.

DocBar

Reaction score
Not true. Both a gen3 and the bts duals are tried and true. I have first hand experience with both setups and large injectors and they both worked great.

As for oil shear, I can see the gen3 being a little rougher on the oil than say a billet single or termy twins, but the Bts twin setup is no harder on the oil than the termy twins. Same process just a different arrangement of pumps.
Also the inj cc size doesn't have **** to do with hpo needs. It is the nozzle size that makes the difference. A HB Jr will supply 400/200's just as well as it does 250/200's. Once you get over a 200% nozzle, you start to need some type of dual pumps or a gen3.
Do you have data to back that up?

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
No hard data. I know when i ran the gen 3 on my truck, there was a difference in the way the truck idled and ran when I got close to the 3000 mile oil change interval. It was slight, but it was there. The reason I say I can see it being rougher than the Bts or termy setup is that the pump used in the gen3 moves A LOT of oil. Marty had 400/600's and could maintain ICP with it. Moving that much oil has to be detrimental to the oil.

I can not see how the Bts duals and termy twins would be any different. Both setups are dual "stock" pumps doing the same thing, just in a different configuration.

DocBar

Reaction score
No hard data. I know when i ran the gen 3 on my truck, there was a difference in the way the truck idled and ran when I got close to the 3000 mile oil change interval. It was slight, but it was there. The reason I say I can see it being rougher than the Bts or termy setup is that the pump used in the gen3 moves A LOT of oil. Marty had 400/600's and could maintain ICP with it. Moving that much oil has to be detrimental to the oil.

I can not see how the Bts duals and termy twins would be any different. Both setups are dual "stock" pumps doing the same thing, just in a different configuration.
Thanks. Do you have any experience with Stealth stage I or stage II?

DocBar

Reaction score

With my SRP1, I see the same changes in how the truck runs. That's how I change my oil. Truck starts running funny, I drop a C-note on it. Is an SRP1 or 1.1 as hard on oil as twins?

co04cobra

Reaction score
With my SRP1, I see the same changes in how the truck runs. That's how I change my oil. Truck starts running funny, I drop a C-note on it. Is an SRP1 or 1.1 as hard on oil as twins?

No. Bc it is a stock style pump. The volume and velocity that it can move oil is different then the duals.

m j

Reaction score
increase displacement to 9.75cc vs. the stock 6.8cc or 7.2cc pumps

36% larger then a stock 17°

not sure how you are using the word 'velocity' there. pump speed is not changing so all you are getting is 100% volume increase if the inlets are not restricted more then stock

TyCorr

Reaction score

The injector size does have a direct connection to hpo. Otherwise people with stock trucks wouldn't find themselves in need of an upgrade to better oil when switching out injectors. In one way I can see your point as a 238/100 and a 300/100 won't use much different hpo as the 100 percent nozzle won't be able to empty either injector. But let's face it you don't see many 400cc injectors with a 100% nozzle. So yea, in a way it's all related but I needed a better pump for my 175 with both the 80 and 100 percent nozzles. Which is contrary to popular opinion. Lincolnlocker had the same issue with his 170/100s.

I personally would rather have too much oil than not enough. Robert, I still think a set of 15° pumps would serve me well. If you've got some input on the twin termies that isn't good I'd like to hear it. I think it could be said without people getting upset. Jason@dynoproven even said they were a good option,as I think he ran them on thuglike.

Why is the gen3 or bts pumps "better". I'm dragging my feet on getting something else as I don't want to go through changing yet another component and weathering another variable. I'm half tempted to toss my hybrids up for sale and purchase a t500 and some pis 175/80s and just forget it's been modded. One tune and done,lol.

thuglike

Reaction score
The injector size does have a direct connection to hpo. Otherwise people with stock trucks wouldn't find themselves in need of an upgrade to better oil when switching out injectors. In one way I can see your point as a 238/100 and a 300/100 won't use much different hpo as the 100 percent nozzle won't be able to empty either injector. But let's face it you don't see many 400cc injectors with a 100% nozzle. So yea, in a way it's all related but I needed a better pump for my 175 with both the 80 and 100 percent nozzles. Which is contrary to popular opinion. Lincolnlocker had the same issue with his 170/100s.

I personally would rather have too much oil than not enough. Robert, I still think a set of 15° pumps would serve me well. If you've got some input on the twin termies that isn't good I'd like to hear it. I think it could be said without people getting upset. Jason@dynoproven even said they were a good option,as I think he ran them on thuglike.

Why is the gen3 or bts pumps "better". I'm dragging my feet on getting something else as I don't want to go through changing yet another component and weathering another variable. I'm half tempted to toss my hybrids up for sale and purchase a t500 and some pis 175/80s and just forget it's been modded. One tune and done,lol.

I did. I have nothing but good things to say about the product. AND Customer service isn't good ......IT'S GREAT!!!

I say this and I am a direct competitor of Joey's now!!

TyCorr

Reaction score
Cool man. I'm still sitting on my new pis injectors because I've been chasing this junk pump down in my spare time.

If I knew that hb jr would take care of my oil demands 100% I'd do it but I don't want another trial and error deal. No offense. Your excellent customer service isn't the issue Jay, but I'm getting plumb tired of messing with things, LOL.

When's the bigger pump coming? :)

old man dave

Reaction score
36% larger then a stock 17°

not sure how you are using the word 'velocity' there. pump speed is not changing so all you are getting is 100% volume increase if the inlets are not restricted more then stock

That's wrong, unless the pump is totally hydrolocked, there is the same amount of fluid displaced per stroke regardless of restriction on any positive displacement pump, nothing to do with output restricion. That's why they call it a positive displacement pump. Pressure drops within the total fluid system do change due to pump restriction though.

That 36% number, is that something you measured or something you took on faith off of the internet?

Last edited:

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Robert, I still think a set of 15° pumps would serve me well. If you've got some input on the twin termies that isn't good I'd like to hear it. I think it could be said without people getting upset. Jason@dynoproven even said they were a good option,as I think he ran them on thuglike.

I am not saying that any of the 3 are better than the other. I was just commenting about you saying that the termy twins was the only "proven" setup out there. That is all. All 3 of them have been on the market for a long period of time and if they have any issues, it is well documented. You just have to pick your poison.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I am not saying that any of the 3 are better than the other. I was just commenting about you saying that the termy twins was the only "proven" setup out there. That is all. All 3 of them have been on the market for a long period of time and if they have any issues, it is well documented. You just have to pick your poison.

Ok,man. I misunderstood you I guess.

I really am dragging my feet as I'm trying to explore my options.

Latest posts

Members online