Another T4 thread

ja_cain

Reaction score
It probably wont. I bought a "like new" harness from a guy on here, thanks by the way dikkhead for a pos, that was going to be the pattern but it was so ***kin cobbled "like new" that i didnt trust it. I tried to ohm out three of the circuits on it before trusting it as a map but two were incontinuous. I shook my head and threw it in the corner. Every sensor had had its pigtail replaced. All nig-spliced in. I asked ***kface "why didnt you tell me you cobble ***ked this piece of shti together?" "Oh w-w-w-well i never did". I asked my money back and was lead to believe it wouldnt happen. I wont trash the persons name yet. If they uphold their promise to never attempt to buy or sell on here ill remain silent.
That's just straight bs man. The whole point of these forums is to help people.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea. You come across some turds. From guys like stealth to guys selling a harness. Ripoff artists.

Swaan

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember him cussing them. I know they aren't that much better, but still curious on how effective the larger radiative surface area of the case, larger volume of fluid and the cooler is.

*edit*

Check these out.

https://www.genosgarage.com/product/fc-6-spd-dg/transmission-coolers

I actually have those exact coolers bolted on my zf5 with the best synthetic redline oil money can buy and i still have those temps lol

Trans holds extra 2 litters oil with those coolers also.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I actually have those exact coolers bolted on my zf5 with the best synthetic redline oil money can buy and i still have those temps lol

Trans holds extra 2 litters oil with those coolers also.
try LE from jimdawg185.. everything that has switched to his gear oil drops in temps some..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

The Brad

Reaction score
Has anybody seen a turbo thread around here?

So I meet up with Countrycar and took a ride in his truck. I definitely now have respect for 200% nozzles. That truck just flat out hauls ass! Although he's having issues with his EGTs, they're not nearly as bad as mine were, but smoke is an issue while daily driving. He also has a choppy, wandering idle. Here's a recording of Torque Pro: https://youtu.be/kJzsWBk1skU

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Has anybody seen a turbo thread around here?

So I meet up with Countrycar and took a ride in his truck. I definitely now have respect for 200% nozzles. That truck just flat out hauls ass! Although he's having issues with his EGTs, they're not nearly as bad as mine were, but smoke is an issue while daily driving. He also has a choppy, wandering idle. Here's a recording of Torque Pro: https://youtu.be/kJzsWBk1skU
what are his mods?

live life full throttle

ja_cain

Reaction score
You can just blame my rambling azz. Lol!

The Brad

Reaction score
what are his mods?

live life full throttle

I think what isn't done to it would be a shorter list, but he has a 38r, billet 6/6 wheel and 300/200s.

Edit: copy and paste from his sig.

9.5 F-250, 300/200, BTS Twin's, Melling HV LPOP, GH Stage1 cam, Ported Polished Heads w H11 studs, Crower springs, Cometic head gaskets, fire ringed, Ceramic Coated Mahle pistons w dry film skirts and bearings, Crower rods, Billet Girdle w H11 studs, 38r w WW2, GH Tunes, Fass Fuel system w Hellman Sump, Hellman Intercooler, Fully Built JG Trans

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I think what isn't done to it would be a shorter list, but he has a 38r, billet 6/6 wheel and 300/200s.
let me guess, he can't manage his egts while driving around in the hot tune?

that idle is normal other then rpm fluctuating some but that could be cps related..

live life full throttle

ja_cain

Reaction score
My icp jumps around like that with stock sticks, but my idle is pretty stable. I could imagine that a 200% nozzle would need pretty stable icp numbers at idle as any significant fluctuations would be amplified.

The Brad

Reaction score
let me guess, he can't manage his egts while driving around in the hot tune?

that idle is normal other then rpm fluctuating some but that could be cps related..

live life full throttle

He said it got better once he loosened the gate up a bit. I don't think he broke 1200 in the hot tune which was 3.7ms at 3200icp. It definitely proves something wasn't right with mine.

ja_cain

Reaction score

Edit: copy and paste from his sig.

9.5 F-250, 300/200, BTS Twin's, Melling HV LPOP, GH Stage1 cam, Ported Polished Heads w H11 studs, Crower springs, Cometic head gaskets, fire ringed, Ceramic Coated Mahle pistons w dry film skirts and bearings, Crower rods, Billet Girdle w H11 studs, 38r w WW2, GH Tunes, Fass Fuel system w Hellman Sump, Hellman Intercooler, Fully Built JG Trans
All that chit and he's running a 38r. Wtf!?!?! Lol! ;)

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
He said it got better once he loosened the gate up a bit. I don't think he broke 1200 in the hot tune which was 3.7ms at 3200icp. It definitely proves something wasn't right with mine.
gate on mine is set at 36lbs so maybe that helps with how mine runs but im maxed out injector wise.. he has twice the fuel I do..

live life full throttle

TARM

Reaction score
gate on mine is set at 36lbs so maybe that helps with how mine runs but im maxed out injector wise.. he has twice the fuel I do..

live life full throttle

That makes a huge difference. I have said many times people make a mistake to not put the cash down when they go to new turbos for a proper wastegate. Set it with the boost and backpressure ref and a specific spring rate to keep drive pressure within a given range from boost.

The set of compounds I tested out had to have the HP turbo gate cracked a bit to control how fast the boost came on. It was almost uncontrollable it would shoot up so fast. It was like hit the go pedal and in 1 second you were at 60+ lb of boost. Once the wg was set to bleed some of it because super smooth.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
That makes a huge difference. I have said many times people make a mistake to not put the cash down when they go to new turbos for a proper wastegate. Set it with the boost and backpressure ref and a specific spring rate to keep drive pressure within a given range from boost.

The set of compounds I tested out had to have the HP turbo gate cracked a bit to control how fast the boost came on. It was almost uncontrollable it would shoot up so fast. It was like hit the go pedal and in 1.5 seconds you were at 60+ lb of boost. Once the wg was set to bleed some of it because super smooth.
yep for sure! and that is with the factory gate.. couldn't imagine a good external gate plumed in to it..

live life full throttle

ja_cain

Reaction score
I'm wondering if some of these high egts are just the result of secondary burn of excessive unburnt fuel in the exhaust manifolds. In other words, it is higher than what the cylinder sees. Definitly not good for the turbo though. If that is the case, then it is most likely due to a lack of air.

Latest posts

Members online