ANYONE have good results from the Steed Speed Manifolds yet?

mike@haller's

Reaction score
It ain't getting more closed than 95%. On tightly smoke controlled trucks, this can be a double edged sword because if the truck isn't making boost, it won't get the fuel either.... but that isn't the main issue. It could simply be that the volume is wrong under the turbo and until the turbo lights the manifolds won't shine. Once the turbos do light, i'd imagine there would be a pretty good "under the curve" power difference until the chargers become the restriction again.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. A stock vgt commanded bp file only holds the vanes at 95% for a very short time then rapidly dumps to 7% and drops velocity. This is a stock file.

uploadfromtaptalk1349730522815.jpg

What I'm saying is hold the vanes tighter for longer to keep velocity higher. To improve spoolup on the bottom end.Like this.

uploadfromtaptalk1349730619027.jpg

The only thing is you must have your gating set correctly to utilize this.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
If your feeling up to it go ahead but i think there is too much info mixed with bull crap that it wont do much good to edit, unfortunatly some people arent just taking the info for what its worth and leaving the rest (as they should)

everyone has something they can learn from someone else, take what you can, leave the rest... should simplify things, but it wont

Jhaddox

Reaction score
If your feeling up to it go ahead but i think there is too much info mixed with bull crap that it wont do much good to edit, unfortunatly some people arent just taking the info for what its worth and leaving the rest (as they should)

everyone has something they can learn from someone else, take what you can, leave the rest... should simplify things, but it wont

Beef nachos took out a little bs, but for the most part this is a really informative thread...lets keep it that way guys

Edit: Tree'd

madman1234509

Reaction score
Lol I guess my post that made complete sense got deleted. Sorry for pointing out that not one company has valid back to back testing on almost any product... There needs to be more data from every company on all of these hyped up products they produce.

White_monster

Reaction score
Well this back and forth bickering has to stop. I spent a while going back through other threads regarding these manifolds and found the first thread from Powerstroke Connection. I'll just say read the posts from them carefully. Did you know the test truck had stock turbos, 110 nozzles and no gate? Take it how you like but it sounds like there data wasn't very good.

Here's the link

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12762

Read away guys.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Shane is right. On page 7 it says that the truck had 110 hp nozzles in it. The previous page shows pictures of the engine with no gate on. 110 hp nozzles, no gate, and stock turbos.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Looks like matt called it back in february...

This is what confused me. Pretty big drop in velocity at 2.5". Spoolup would be worse.

Now look at this, even THEIR own testing shows slower spool up... look at the graph its almost identical to mikes, red graph is after the manifolds

attachment.jpg

Here are some graphs of our dyno testing yesterday on the Manifolds.

Note the RED graphs are the AFTER manifolds installation.

Our dyno is a Dynojet 248.
This is an INERTIA dynop Not a loaded one.

Typically loaded and street number gains will be considerable higher!

You'll see the first part of the graph were I'm rolling into the throttle to keep it from downshifting or coming out of lock up. The key here is looking at the difference in the graphs a little later on and assuming that difference will carry through the entire RPM range.

I'm working on all the data we captured to decipher the back pressure realtion to boost. The spool up time and EGT differences.

Plans are being made to do the second install and the final version of up pipes and traveling to a load dyno for other number comparison.

To summarize: These manifolds made a SIGNIFICANT difference in every aspect. Power and Torque are up, drivability is better than before. Temps are lower. Truck now has a deeper and smoother tone to the exhaust.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddddddddd

after reading i remember what a crap shoot that thread turned into as well :doh:

steedspeed

Reaction score
Last edited:

madman1234509

Reaction score
does that necessarily mean slower spool up? The graph starting later could just be from them rolling into it later in the rpm range. The distance horizontally it takes for the red pull to reach peak hp/tq or even to reach equal hp/tq as the blue pull is less than the blue pull, which to me would indicate a quicker ramp in power, or spool up. I'm no expert in dynoing, but I have graphs of back to back runs with my truck where the 2nd or 3rd pull starts off later, just like the one above

Latest posts

Members online