ANYONE have good results from the Steed Speed Manifolds yet?

Reaction score
Manifolds

We have a truck here with the manifolds and our up pipes, if anyone would like to come to our shop and take it for a drive, you are more than welcome. We have had this dyno since 2000 and have done thousands of them. If you choose not to believe the numbers, then come and test drive our 2nd truck we have installed them on, then you will know.

Last edited:

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
I've been following this from the beginning... Here's what i see...

(2) trucks proving the slower spool up and drop in numbers based on dyno pulls

&

The steedspeed and related crew saying "we installed these and they rip ass and spin tires"

I want to see these manifolds work just as much as the next guys, but why not present facts instead of "call my customer" or "come drive our truck". Seems alot of credibility has been lost by replying with extremely vague statements defending the setups...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
does that necessarily mean slower spool up? The graph starting later could just be from them rolling into it later in the rpm range. The distance horizontally it takes for the red pull to reach peak hp/tq or even to reach equal hp/tq as the blue pull is less than the blue pull, which to me would indicate a quicker ramp in power, or spool up. I'm no expert in dynoing, but I have graphs of back to back runs with my truck where the 2nd or 3rd pull starts off later, just like the one above

I agree but the graphs looks almost identical to mikes silver truck and honestly to get thoughs difference you have to be trying and.which in that case why not roll in later with the stock manifolds?

They kept saying it was hard to not make the truck downshift, well if that's the case the truck isn't make the same power down low, if it was it wouldn't downshift, that also tells me they were trying to.squeeze every but of low end out of it...

Last edited:

Jhaddox

Reaction score
I agree but the graphs looks almost identical to mikes silver truck and honestly to get thRu difference toenails have to be trying and.which in that case why not roll in later with the stock manifolds? .

Toenails? You're not allowed to use tapatalk anumore :poke:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

White_monster

Reaction score
Wasn't that second test using two separate trucks?

Pretty sure your right on 2 separate trucks. It also says both trucks were losing rail pressure on the kem 345 tune. Both trucks aren't going to lose pressure equally and then the one losing more pressure will make way less power. It also says both have the same upgrades and tuning. What upgrades? Basically the second graph is useless due to the variables during the test.

superstroked

Reaction score
From the sidelines, what I am seeing from the graph, is that these may be better for an all out race setup vs. a daily driver. Probably why the MPD guys are having the results they are with them.

steedspeed

Reaction score
Wasn't that second test using two separate trucks?

Yes, I'm not asking you to compare them I'm asking you to concentrate on the line made by the truck with the manifolds. Does it look sluggish?

Mpd hasn't posted dyno results with just a manifold swap. Only results do far is by they're butt dyno. They're supposed to get results thou.

I'm pretty sure they dyno tested their truck last week. I'd be interested to see how it spooled a non VGT too.

steedspeed

Reaction score
We have a truck here with the manifolds and our up pipes, if anyone would like to come to our shop and take it for a drive, you are more than welcome. We have had this dyno since 2000 and have done thousands of them. If you choose not to believe the numbers, then come and test drive our 2nd truck we have installed them on, then you will know.

Anyone close to Toms shop? It would be great if someone could go take him up on the offer and report back.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Yes, I'm not asking you to compare them I'm asking you to concentrate on the line made by the truck with the manifolds. Does it look sluggish?

I'm pretty sure they dyno tested their truck last week. I'd be interested to see how it spooled a non VGT too.

Leen, please stop referencing people who are using your manifolds that have zero data gathered by equipment. MPD has done no comparrison Dyno testing. The results from Elite are all that is available at this time. Jerry will Netherlands next closest to providing more info on them. Everybody else is just dry humping your ear. We can all agree we want you to succeed. The product just isn't ready yet and I have confidence you and Tadd will get it figure out. I just think you posting butt Dyno results repeatedly looks really bad

Dzchey21

Reaction score

I'm just saying that two different trucks is not a valid test...

I want your product to succeed trust me

Latest posts

Members online