ANYONE have good results from the Steed Speed Manifolds yet?

09stroker

Reaction score
So what was the outcome of boring out the turbine inlets to 2.5"? I apologize if it's already been said.

White_monster

Reaction score
The outcome is you just cut into the bolt threads. The mounting bolt circle diameter is 2.5", I measured it. You can step up to 2.25" but I think there needs to be proper testing done with consistent setups that work and have all systems maintaining pressures. If a test is done and something doesn't meet the correct spec the results will be flawed.

White_monster

Reaction score
Only way I see bigger possibly helping is on empires billet heads and even then it's a big maybe. We don't have the volume of exhaust to warrant bigger pipes. The only other scenario that might need bigger pipes would be Elite's stroker engine. Both of which are not in production. I'm with Dustin on no need for bigger.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
I don't either. It looses velocity and leaves you depending on volume to get the job done. In this instance, velocity is the key player

sent from somewhere in the country

Wayne

Reaction score
I don't see how making it bigger will help anyway

So many ways that can be taken.:lookaround: For all of you guys praising the larger outlet design, perhaps you should consider full 3" up pipes with some custom 3" outlet manifolds, and turbine inlet porting to prove velicity means nothing for spooling a turbo. You can report your commando calibrated butt dyno results here!!:naughty:

MINK

Reaction score
So many ways that can be taken.:lookaround: For all of you guys praising the larger outlet design, perhaps you should consider full 3" up pipes with some custom 3" outlet manifolds, and turbine inlet porting to prove velicity means nothing for spooling a turbo. You can report your commando calibrated butt dyno results here!!:naughty:

Great post LOL

steedspeed

Reaction score
Leen when are you sending the new manifolds to Elite for testing?

Yes. They are at the ceramic coater right now and I expect them to ship this week. I'm also trying to set up a test at another shop that has an in house engine dyno which would be a more convenient and accurate way to test..

09stroker

Reaction score

I wasn't praising anything, just curious cause the other vendor building up-pipes claimed they needed to be port matched.

MINK

Reaction score
Yes. They are at the ceramic coater right now and I expect them to ship this week. I'm also trying to set up a test at another shop that has an in house engine dyno which would be a more convenient and accurate way to test..

I'd love to see results on an engine dyno.

Wayne

Reaction score
I wasn't praising anything, just curious cause the other vendor building up-pipes claimed they needed to be port matched.

No worries. I wasn't singling anyone out. port matching is a good thing, but as I'm sure you know, there are many other things that come into play.

Reaction score
I am currently in the limbo with a set we just put on. I currently have the cab in limbo as well. The 2.5 up pipes are not working well with the cab and down pipe. We have the latest design second only to the one leen is sending out to be tested now. I have done some comparison to the 6.0 manifolds that I have sitting here. Really the manifold volume itself is not that much different from each other. But when you figure the up-pipe volume difference between two inch and two and a half over the length there is a huge difference. We have the same 6.4 litre air pump filling the manifolds and up-pipes. No matter what one tries, it takes longer to fill the the big up-pipes. There is roughly 155% more volume in the 2.5"from version over the 2".

I am currently contemplating the outcome of scrapping the 2.5" pipes and building a custom 2" from some old factory pipes with the v-band off of the 2.5".

There is no reason that the steed speed design is that terrible by principle, they fix the problems that a log style manifold has by design, IE: by directing flow in the direction of the outlet smoothly instead of going straight out and slamming a 90° wall. Even reverting backwards in some cases until the cylinder ahead of it forces it back out.

Personally I would like to see the same manifold dynoed with 2" pipes. Even though it is a little incorrect to the original purpose of the 2.5" outlet.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I am currently in the limbo with a set we just put on. I currently have the cab in limbo as well. The 2.5 up pipes are not working well with the cab and down pipe. We have the latest design second only to the one leen is sending out to be tested now. I have done some comparison to the 6.0 manifolds that I have sitting here. Really the manifold volume itself is not that much different from each other. But when you figure the up-pipe volume difference between two inch and two and a half over the length there is a huge difference. We have the same 6.4 litre air pump filling the manifolds and up-pipes. No matter what one tries, it takes longer to fill the the big up-pipes. There is roughly 155% more volume in the 2.5"from version over the 2".

I am currently contemplating the outcome of scrapping the 2.5" pipes and building a custom 2" from some old factory pipes with the v-band off of the 2.5".

There is no reason that the steed speed design is that terrible by principle, they fix the problems that a log style manifold has by design, IE: by directing flow in the direction of the outlet smoothly instead of going straight out and slamming a 90° wall. Even reverting backwards in some cases until the cylinder ahead of it forces it back out.

Personally I would like to see the same manifold dynoed with 2" pipes. Even though it is a little incorrect to the original purpose of the 2.5" outlet.

I have the two inch up pipes on my truck with the manifolds. I really think the 2.5" outlet on the manifold and the large volume inside the steed speeds is slowing down the velocity like everyone else. I was have a spot lined up for the dyno today, but it has been raining all day here in Green Bay. Really sucks because I want to see the graph over the stock manifolds. I am going to dyno A.S.A.P because that is the final results of the test.

Leen I am really excited to see the results on an engine dyno. Now you are on the right path for sucsess. Easy sealing of manifolds and can get all the results in one day and many different setups. GOT TO GIVE TO LEEN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY!!!

09stroker

Reaction score
No worries. I wasn't singling anyone out. port matching is a good thing, but as I'm sure you know, there are many other things that come into play.

Yessir, like the fact our cylinder heads aren't very good cylinder heads

Reaction score
I have the two inch up pipes on my truck with the manifolds. I really think the 2.5" outlet on the manifold and the large volume inside the steed speeds is slowing down the velocity like everyone else.

Shoots that idea down, lol :biggun: oh well back to the 6.0 manifolds:fustrate:

Btw I have to give kudos to leen as well, he has been very adamant on getting a good product out there for us all. Let's hope they are phenomenal!

Latest posts

Members online