ANYONE have good results from the Steed Speed Manifolds yet?

jdgleason

Reaction score
Some people have no class. This is why my post are low, alot of haters out there in the world. This site is getting as bad as the rest.

There is NO hating in this thread. None. There is frustration, and lots of it. You don't have any data showing improvement or loss from only the manifolds. You keep offering dyno graphs that tell no one anything about steed speed manifolds. Your dyno graphs display beautifully that your combination of parts added up to some extra power, but who knows which parts did what. Maybe those batmowheels lost 5 horsepower and the steeds added 40.... Sure the truck makes more power than it used to, but which parts helped in that?

If we get into guessing, I'll look back at the thread where Aaron did back to back dyno comparisons with batmowheels. Do the math, average the runs, the batmowheel added 37 horsepower. Real data.

Okay here is what we have so far. Stock turbos did 626, 608, 609, 616, 609. Batmowheel atmospheric did 658, 654, 653, 642, 653. Batmowheels are in stock ready to ship!

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9031&page=4

Now, looking at your dyno graph here, you added 2 batmowheels, (Not just the atmosphere like Aaron), EGR delete, intake elbow, steed speeds, etc. Your test truck picked up 42.12 horsepower as a peak. Unfortunately we have no average here. Because I have no idea how much power each added, I can only guess. Either way, with the addition of the extra parts it surely seems as though the manifolds did nothing for the truck. However, no one can logically prove or disprove this because there is nothing showing which part made power.

So, I'm pretty confused and a little annoyed that you think that there are "Haters" here when the problem is your inability to provide specific data to the product we are discussing. Post your graph in the aftermarket section and title it "Hey! This truck runs great with the parts we put on it!". That's respectable, that's cool. Everyone will ooooh and ahhhh over it. The problem is that you brought a graph here that doesn't compare steed speeds to another manifold. That's what the entire goal of this thread is.

So, respectfully, with no hating, the dyno graph you provided is NOT valid, sir.

Have a great day, and congratulations on having a strong running 6.4.

JD

Midweststroker

Reaction score
I for one believe this to be a great site. I tend to read a lot and comment...almost not at all. Leen Speed and his wife are two of the nicest, honest, hardworking people I've had the pleasure of meeting. I believe he is trying to get to the bottom of this and make the best product possible. There is definitely a need for a better 6.4 manifold/up pipe combination, what that is... I believe is still in R&D/testing phase. The best thing everyone can do is contribute information, if relevant and applicable to the cause. If there are variables that skew the results, state so or hold back your input.

I think that anyone who is making or contemplating making these manifolds take notice of the pain and frustration Leen is going through and NOT release any of them to the public until proper testing and documenting of results are complete.

For us...my truck is waiting in limbo (with cab loose) with version 2 SS manifolds bolted to it pending concrete facts proving for or against proven, documented results before we complete assembly. There has to be a better mousetrap for the stock 6.4 manifolds, hopefully Steed Speeds will be just that!

great450

Reaction score
Can a moderator close this thread? We seem to have an over growth of bad info and input coming from all angles and its doing nobody any good. If you don't have a stock/6.0 manifold vs steed speed comparisson only, on paper, with data gathered by equipment, you have ZERO reason to be posting. Seat of the pants, changed ten things at once, forgot to take previous Dyno pull for comparrison, and all that other crap is worthless to this discussion. No if ands or butts about it. Have a great day
if you don't understand I can spell it out to shallow minded people. If you are to spend money on something it should be good at this price tag. The manifolds are very good the problem was in the up-pipes. The pipes had to be fitted to the cab ( drivers side )and around the down pipe & fuel pump shield. The second problem was in the v band not sealing .The person or company did not do there job or R&D on the up-pipes. All the numbers that were given are correct. It's now your job to find the company & person that did the job and see if they did more R&D so that every set of up-pipes will fit and perform good. There welds are OK, there design is not to bad going from a large pipe to a smaller pipe to keep runner speed up. In all I give them an6 out of 10. So what do you think about that Absolute Performance. I only hope that you do more R&D on your parts then they did! PS I DONT HAVE TO PROVE ANYTHING TO YOU MY TRUCK RUNS GREAT!!!!! DIP****

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
if you don't understand I can spell it out to shallow minded people. If you are to spend money on something it should be good at this price tag. The manifolds are very good the problem was in the up-pipes. The pipes had to be fitted to the cab ( drivers side )and around the down pipe & fuel pump shield. The second problem was in the v band not sealing .The person or company did not do there job or R&D on the up-pipes. All the numbers that were given are correct. It's now your job to find the company & person that did the job and see if they did more R&D so that every set of up-pipes will fit and perform good. There welds are OK, there design is not to bad going from a large pipe to a smaller pipe to keep runner speed up. In all I give them an6 out of 10. So what do you think about that Absolute Performance. I only hope that you do more R&D on your parts then they did! PS I DONT HAVE TO PROVE ANYTHING TO YOU MY TRUCK RUNS GREAT!!!!! DIP****

Did you seriously just put that in both threads? How about delete that out of this one and leave it in AWOL. Don't muck up this great read, thanks

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
if you don't understand I can spell it out to shallow minded people."

" So what do you think about that Absolute Performance. I only hope that you do more R&D on your parts then they did! PS I DONT HAVE TO PROVE ANYTHING TO YOU MY TRUCK RUNS GREAT!!!!! DIP****

Wow. Thanks for your insightful, well thought out meaningfull contribution to this post.:axe:

pog

Reaction score
there was a whole lot of informative info in this thread and now a whole lot of stupid.. needs to be edited.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'm closing this one down for a couple days, I'll reopen when people are ready to.post facts/ info

White_monster

Reaction score
Here's Jerry's graph. Jerry can answer the questions you have.

D-416B-432B-9DD9-6C60FDD9C4C6-294-000000127F5BDF0D.jpg

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Nothing is specified but jerry told me it lost 1hp. And it still drives like a dog. That being said I assume that's why with 2.5" up pipes I saw a much more drastic loss. This proves there is no gain whatsoever from the current manifold.

Good work jerry. Lots of effort to prove a product.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Just got them on the truck. Time to torque them down and put this chit back together. These are a beach to get fitted. They are on and up pipes as well. Stock dyno numbers are 591 hp and 1188 ft./lbs. We are f-ing bustin ass on this!!!! Results coming. Stay tuned. Keep your fingers crossed for some good numbers.

Jerry

So folks dont have to dig back through all the bs

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
The dark blue and red are before the Steed Speed Manifolds and the light blue and green are after the Steed Speed manifolds and 2" up pipes from Elite. These numbers are from a Dyno Dynamics Dyno Dynometer. If you would like I could get them corrected to what it would be on a dynojet. Numbers are up when you look at this which is really suprising to me, because of how it feels when you drive it around town. So this basically tells me that these manifolds and up pipe combo make power but just not in a daily driver.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
ahhh i was under the impression that you made 590 before hand?

Anyways thanks for posting results

MINK

Reaction score
Was the 590 a diff dyno??

Regardless I see no $1k money well spent gain of any kind...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.