ANYONE have good results from the Steed Speed Manifolds yet?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Someone send him a set of 6.0 manis and pipes. Sucks to see all the hard work done and no payout. Manifolds are a nightmare and i wish them on no man lol. 6.0s were tough. I can only imagine the beefiness of a SS. Hopefully the engine dyno gets both an old set and revised set of SS.

That would be awesome. No BS it was a lot of work forsure.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
As the new manifolds will be sent out soon here for testing, please keep us updated on the new design and how they do. Wish Leen the best with these.

lusklxix

Reaction score
Has anything been said yet about refund or product replacement for the guys who bought these prior to the facts being stated in this thread? I kinda feel like I've been screwed out of $1000

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Just call Leen at Steed Speed if you bought them from him or you have to return them to whomever you bought them and then Steed Speed will refund them. That is what I was told directly from Leen at Steed Speed.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I am swapping back in two weeks as well to 6.0 maninfolds and Elite up pipes. I will be VERY happy to have the power back as well as quick spool up.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
kinda off topic, but.

other than where the bend/flange is, whats the benefit of the 6.0 manifolds?

are they that much better than stock?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Yep there was a thread with pictures comparing them... Way better.

I'm going to play Devil's advocate for a moment....

Is there a dyno comparison just swapping the 6.4 manifolds out for some 6.0 manifolds? I'm sure they look better - but this thread so far proves that looks don't make power. I don't doubt that they do add ponies - but before this thread I would have thought the Steed Speed units would have done the same as well...

:D

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
No one to date as far as anyone knows has done a back to back test between stock 6.4 manifolds and 6.0 manifolds. Someone please correct me if I am wrong as I would love to see this as well. I may consider doing a test when I get my 6.0 up pipes from Elite soon.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
No one to date as far as anyone knows has done a back to back test between stock 6.4 manifolds and 6.0 manifolds. Someone please correct me if I am wrong as I would love to see this as well. I may consider doing a test when I get my 6.0 up pipes from Elite soon.

Both Tadd and I were talking about your test the other day , thinking the same thing. He thinks the reason you didn't see so much of a peak power loss was because you came from a bit more inferior manifold. I only swapped to 6.0 manifolds because I thought there was a performance gain, but because the casting was safer at high egt. Just Dyno again after you swap and that will be another test. But Tadd does feel the 6.4 manifolds are weak compared.

Last edited:

Midweststroker

Reaction score
Finished our Woodstock build last week. 2010 F350 Tow Power Plus, host of other mods, including the third version of Steed Speeds. I cannot offer any before and after horse power numbers, but i can offer a testimonial to the quality and customer service. I pulled two classes last night at the RCD pull, work stock and 2.6. The manifolds and up pipes were super red both hooks. While the modified factory up pipes didn't survive the event, the manifolds did great. Already got a call from Leen to make sure all went well. I have the third version of these manifolds, compared to the factory 6.4 or 6.0 that I have, these cannot possibly NOT perform better. The turbos do spool almost instantly and make exceptional boost. I am not on here to make any substantiated claims, just a testimonial to my satisfaction to product quality and customer service.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Finished our Woodstock build last week. 2010 F350 Tow Power Plus, host of other mods, including the third version of Steed Speeds. I cannot offer any before and after horse power numbers, but i can offer a testimonial to the quality and customer service. I pulled two classes last night at the RCD pull, work stock and 2.6. The manifolds and up pipes were super red both hooks. While the modified factory up pipes didn't survive the event, the manifolds did great. Already got a call from Leen to make sure all went well. I have the third version of these manifolds, compared to the factory 6.4 or 6.0 that I have, these cannot possibly NOT perform better. The turbos do spool almost instantly and make exceptional boost. I am not on here to make any substantiated claims, just a testimonial to my satisfaction to product quality and customer service.

I would say if the spool up is good , that they are working.

Latest posts

Members online