ANYONE have good results from the Steed Speed Manifolds yet?

e.nickkk

Reaction score
Jd has a set and will be testing them soon from what he told me in a pm I'm sure he will chime in

Extended Power

Reaction score
I was hoping that Leen would tell us how these did on the engine dyno.

Not trying to start a piss'n match but,

Didn't he say his first set were the greatest thing ever to be seen on a dyno, as far as improvements in power and torque?

Weird how the general public is sold products on what the manufacturer of said product claims it to do, or be...

....manifolds, turbos, injectors, intake manifolds, cams, intake filters....the list goes on and on...

Are seem to be sold as the "Best Performing" product in it's class...until proven otherwise...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Not trying to start a piss'n match but,

Didn't he say his first set were the greatest thing ever to be seen on a dyno, as far as improvements in power and torque?

Weird how the general public is sold products on what the manufacturer of said product claims it to do, or be...

....manifolds, turbos, injectors, intake manifolds, cams, intake filters....the list goes on and on...

Are seem to be sold as the "Best Performing" product in it's class...until proven otherwise...

Why even say crap like this? The guy is doing everything he can to make it right, what more can you ask for ? I believe his initial testing was done by a 3rd party and didn't have good data to back them up , just some inflated numbers that were misleading. He admitted that was his bad. Looks like you have an axe to grind , do it somewhere else please.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
About 95% sure he did say that. People took that at face value because of his rep and what hes done in the cummins world

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Why even say crap like this? The guy is doing everything he can to make it right, what more can you ask for ? I believe his initial testing was done by a 3rd party and didn't have good data to back them up , just some inflated numbers that were misleading. He admitted that was his bad. Looks like you have an axe to grind , do it somewhere else please.

:whs:

He is offering to replace the manifolds that got sold for FREE...theres not a more stand up offer than that:clapping:

how many other companies stand behind their product like that in any market?

Extended Power

Reaction score
I did not mean to drag Leens name through the mud, if thats what I did. I did not want that. I apologize.
I was trying to show how there are so many products on the market that are sold with no testing, other then what the maker themselves have done, to prove their products. And the public is unknowing that they have been swindled, until someone else, that has nothing to gain from the testing, actually tests the product, and proves otherwise.
If the testing is done by another company that builds their own version of a said product, how believable is the testing? I think it would be completely biased.

S.Carter_NC

Reaction score
how in the hell do i post a question on this forum

how in the hell do i post a question on this forum? i just became a member and can't find anywhere where it says "post a message" or something like that.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
So to date there is NOBODY that has posted results of any manifold that actually gained anything for the 6.4L's When this day comes, the 6.4l community will be thankful for the info and all the hard work to get to that point. I really want to see everyone do good with ALL these performance parts. I hope to see some new numbers soon from the Steed Speed Crew. Leen please fill us in as to where you are in this quest. Thanks again.

Jerry Bruley

steedspeed

Reaction score
So to date there is NOBODY that has posted results of any manifold that actually gained anything for the 6.4L's When this day comes, the 6.4l community will be thankful for the info and all the hard work to get to that point. I really want to see everyone do good with ALL these performance parts. I hope to see some new numbers soon from the Steed Speed Crew. Leen please fill us in as to where you are in this quest. Thanks again.

Jerry Bruley

I've sent a set to Elite for testing and they have done the "before" testing already. I am told they have the up pipes made so they should be able to do the swap quite soon I would hope. They have a business to run too so they are probably finding it hard to set aside the time to get at it. The only other feedback I have has already been posted and that was Ron Brooks pulling truck which blew out an up pipe at a pulling event but still came in 4th against 26 other trucks. Apparently he can light them up at 55mph and lag is not an issue. He was very happy with the performance of the new manifolds.

That's all I know for now and I just have to be patient like you guys. I'm pretty sure I nailed it for the VGT guys this time though!

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I've sent a set to Elite for testing and they have done the "before" testing already. I am told they have the up pipes made so they should be able to do the swap quite soon I would hope. They have a business to run too so they are probably finding it hard to set aside the time to get at it. The only other feedback I have has already been posted and that was Ron Brooks pulling truck which blew out an up pipe at a pulling event but still came in 4th against 26 other trucks. Apparently he can light them up at 55mph and lag is not an issue. He was very happy with the performance of the new manifolds.

That's all I know for now and I just have to be patient like you guys. I'm pretty sure I nailed it for the VGT guys this time though!

Unfortunately, I think rons truck doesn't spool any faster than mine. We plan on dynoing side by side on Randall's dyno to see whose makes power first

steedspeed

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think rons truck doesn't spool any faster than mine. We plan on dynoing side by side on Randall's dyno to see whose makes power first

Do you mean from judging his first pull with the bad tune or the second pull with the better tune where he blew out the pipe?

Hard to say on a pull where you sit there and wind up against a load. Did you drive it? He needs some better up pipes for sure!

It's a good indicator that the truck behaved so differently on the two tunes. First tune he couldn't get going properly but second tune he tells me the truck "screamed"

Last edited:

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Do you mean from judging his first pull with the bad tune or the second pull with the better tune where he blew out the pipe?

Hard to say on a pull where you sit there and wind up against a load. Did you drive it? He needs some better up pipes for sure!

It's a good indicator that the truck behaved so differently on the two tunes. First tune he couldn't get going properly but second tune he tells me the truck "screamed"

Do you realize with the way our trucks are set up we don't wind up? I leave straight pedal, no load, Jerry Bruley can atone, he was my passenger

There's no reason any 6.4 without a manual with a vgt should ever wind up.

It's unnecessary, and it's going to blow the tires off, and mine already blows the 36" bfgs off

steedspeed

Reaction score
Do you realize with the way our trucks are set up we don't wind up? I leave straight pedal, no load, Jerry Bruley can atone, he was my passenger

There's no reason any 6.4 without a manual with a vgt should ever wind up.

It's unnecessary, and it's going to blow the tires off, and mine already blows the 36" bfgs off

No I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. How did you do against Ron? Trucks are similar aside from the manifolds right?

Latest posts

Members online