Call it my build thread I guess

Crack85

Reaction score
So if I run it into the exhaust should I place is as close to the down pipe as I can with some 1" heater hose and a bung welded onto the exhaust

"Opportunity is often overlooked because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"

Thomas Edison.

Must be done at the correct angle to create venturi effect.

sootie

Reaction score
So if I run it into the exhaust should I place is as close to the down pipe as I can with some 1" heater hose and a bung welded onto the exhaust

"Opportunity is often overlooked because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"

Thomas Edison.

you need a venturi kit not a bung. yes, i would put it in the downpipe, parallel to the ground, right before it bends to go under the truck.

Csilva187

Reaction score
It's not bad, my wife and 4 year old haven't said anything, they haven't even noticed or care. For what that's worth... Oh Mike's No Limit kit for me.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Must be done at the correct angle to create venturi effect.

Now I don't know if ur pulling my leg and telling me to check my muffler bearing and blinker fluid or being serious. Details please. Bc if ur implying that the savaging effects of the exhaust pulling the fumes from the CCV would not be sufficient I am lost.

Thomas Edison.

sootie

Reaction score
you and him are saying the same thing in different terminology. the venturi kit must be installed at the correct angle to properly function.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
you and him are saying the same thing in different terminology. the venturi kit must be installed at the correct angle to properly function.

Well I have not seen anything anywhere about a Venturi kit. What I'm picturing in my head is a 1 inch "stud" welded to the exhaust and just venting straight into the piping. Now if there is an actual part for that and I can save time buying it. Please send me a link so I know what I'm looking for.

Thomas Edison.

sootie

Reaction score
Well I have not seen anything anywhere about a Venturi kit. What I'm picturing in my head is a 1 inch "stud" welded to the exhaust and just venting straight into the piping. Now if there is an actual part for that and I can save time buying it. Please send me a link so I know what I'm looking for.

Thomas Edison.

if you do it the way you are describing, you will have issues because the crankcase pressure will not be strong enough to overcome the exhaust pressure therefore acting as basically plugged ccv. here is a pic of my venturi that gets welded in at a specific angle. the big round part has baffling inside it and the mitre cut portion is what sticks into the exhaust.

Attachments

• IMG_20140415_225824.jpg
    IMG_20140415_225824.jpg
    782.5 KB · Views: 63

TXlineman83

Reaction score
if you do it the way you are describing, you will have issues because the crankcase pressure will not be strong enough to overcome the exhaust pressure therefore acting as basically plugged ccv. here is a pic of my venturi that gets welded in at a specific angle. the big round part has baffling inside it and the mitre cut portion is what sticks into the exhaust.

Do you have any pictures of that installed. And I do understand your comment about a plugged CCV.

Thomas Edison.

sootie

Reaction score
check out Erik Clausens #2 dpc build thread and Wayne's test mule build thread. that is what educated me.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
10-4. Thanks. I'll see if I can search them

Thomas Edison.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
What kind of opinions are out there regarding a pillar gauges. Should I get one for boost, fuel pressure, EGTS, trans temp, oil pressure. What is the general consensus about the most important ones to have. I love the nostalgic look of old school gauges. But I want what's best bang for the buck

Or should I find a live display and mount it somehow.

Thomas Edison.

Last edited:

B585Ford

Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of that installed. And I do understand your comment about a plugged CCV.

Thomas Edison.

Darkhorse Diesel sells one. Sootie is right, you gotta get the venturri or you could have problems

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Darkhorse Diesel sells one. Sootie is right, you gotta get the venturri or you could have problems

10-4 I'll take at look at the cost of one. I'm sure the install would be simple.

Thomas Edison.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Here's my piller gauges. 2 boost and egts.

Shanes%20Photos%20772.jpg

I like that look. I guess my biggest question is why you would want to monitor 2 boost gauges. I understand EGTS. Why not trans temp. Or something a fair more vital to the life of the drivetrain. Idk. That's why I'm asking

Thomas Edison.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
What's the purpose of monitoring the primary.

Thomas Edison.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
To dial in the gate and to see how much air it is moving. No sense in having compounds if the hp turbo is doing most of the work,or driving the lp to hard potentially over speeding it.

Latest posts

Members online