CCV Pressure

BFT

Reaction score
since im cleaning up the driver side and changing the fuel cooler, i want to weld a bung with a AN fitting on the valve cover. i found a -16 but its hard to get a bend that will look neat.
can i split the 2 hoses and run 2 1/2" vs 1 1"

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
no.

pipe flow is kinda of backwards. to double the flow if pipe, you increase the size by half. if you double the size of pipe, it quadruples the flow

for instance, 1/2 pipe to 3/4 is 2x flow. 1/2 to 1" is 4x flow

in your case, its approximately 2 - 3/4" pipes you need to maintain the same flow. half again of 3/4 is just over 1".

two 1/2" pipes do not equal one 1" pipe.

its kind of hard to explain.

Last edited:

BFT

Reaction score
Sorry, what I meant to say is weld 2 bungs that equal the 1/2". It would essentially have to ports on the valve cover.
You saying I need to ports of 3/4"?

Last edited:

BFT

Reaction score
Probably better at both. I get a constant haze at idle on a big tune.
I was out and about looking to get stuff ready to take my valve cover off and getting stuff welded. Just trying to figure out what will equal the 1" or if I can do 2 at 1/2 the size, or what not.

Didn't want to start another thread on something that's beenbrought up

Rene G

Reaction score
Probably better at both. I get a constant haze at idle on a big tune.
I was out and about looking to get stuff ready to take my valve cover off and getting stuff welded. Just trying to figure out what will equal the 1" or if I can do 2 at 1/2 the size, or what not.

Didn't want to start another thread on something that's beenbrought up

Draw a 1" circle, then draw 2 - 1/2" circles inside the 1" circle. Going with 2 1/2" lines you will lose flow.

BFT

Reaction score
The 1" line might be overkill, I don't know, but it would be good to do 1". What is suggested to vent out the excess pressure

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
if your trying to equal the flow of a 1" pipe, its two 3/4 pipes.

or its four 1/2 pipes.

i dont how to explain it better, other than to show the math.

area of a circle is as follows.

A= pie times radius squared or A= 3.14*(R*R)

the area of a 1" pipe is .785, of a 3/4 is .442, and a 1/2 is .196. all of these answers are smaller than 1" because its a circle, not a square. area of a 1" square is obviously 1".

as you can see, it takes four 1/2" pipes to equal that one 1". this is why i said it takes just shy of two 3/4" pipes to equal that one 1" pipe.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Mine from Rudy's is two 3/8" lines if I remember right. Two elbows bolted into the valve cover in the area that isn't suppose to allow oil to flow freely into the elbows.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
if your trying to equal the flow of a 1" pipe, its two 3/4 pipes.

or its four 1/2 pipes.

i dont how to explain it better, other than to show the math.

area of a circle is as follows.

A= pie times radius squared or A= 3.14*(R*R)

the area of a 1" pipe is .785, of a 3/4 is .442, and a 1/2 is .196. all of these answers are smaller than 1" because its a circle, not a square. area of a 1" square is obviously 1".

as you can see, it takes four 1/2" pipes to equal that one 1". this is why i said it takes just shy of two 3/4" pipes to equal that one 1" pipe.

Whoa! SH!T just got technical. I'm outa here...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
same as trying to add up nitrous jets. a .73 and a .93 doesnt equal 1.66 ....

Blowby

Reaction score
Two 1/2 inch openings will have a surface area of .3927 = the total surface area of a .7071 diameter hole.

Two 3/4 inch openings will have a surface area of 0.883575 = the total surface area of a 1.0607 diameter hole.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
So basically two 3/4" lines and one 1" line are going to work virtually the same? If that's the case, why run two lines? I would go 1" if you're going to do two lines. That makes it more worthwhile, correct?

Blowby

Reaction score
Maybe available space when routing the lines or the appearance of smaller lines could be more desirable. :shrug:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.