Diesel Power Challenge 2013; Who's in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Heard back from Kennedy today, he said they need to evaluate their present ways of deciding who gets in and who doesn't. I mentioned how Wayne was passed up even though he does all the work on his truck and drives it daily but Andrew Murdock got in, I also mentioned the whole Dmitri thing and the damn Fummings. lol He knows their selection has short comings so hopefully they get it figured out.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Heard back from Kennedy today, he said they need to evaluate their present ways of deciding who gets in and who doesn't. I mentioned how Wayne was passed up even though he does all the work on his truck and drives it daily but Andrew Murdock got in, I also mentioned the whole Dmitri thing and the damn Fummings. lol He knows their selection has short comings so hopefully they get it figured out.

lol..

Bigsexy

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the 7.3s competing? I think with the right guy they could have a chance at dpc.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Absolutely agree.

Brian jelich did great the year I went. Good driver and no breakage wins.

If Brian wouldn't have hopped at the sled pull who knows...

01PSD

Reaction score
the triple turbo 7.3 and the one that dude 800ish on fuel on a single last year seem promising

Wayne

Reaction score
I encourage any member of any company who advertises with diesel power magazine, and would like the opportunity to participate in the challenge to get on their Facebook page, and join the discussion about the dpc rules. It's on the post asking how everyone is enjoying their April issue.

jdgleason

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the 7.3s competing? I think with the right guy they could have a chance at dpc.

Honestly those couple 7.3s look to be some of the strongest fords we have. I'm excited to see them rip. I like the idea of the regular cab 7.3 in it. That will give him some advantage in a couple of the events.

gman1

Reaction score
Honestly those couple 7.3s look to be some of the strongest fords we have. I'm excited to see them rip. I like the idea of the regular cab 7.3 in it. That will give him some advantage in a couple of the events.

Both 7.3s got my vote. Who would of thought they would be our strongest. :fustrate:

jdgleason

Reaction score
Both 7.3s got my vote. Who would of thought they would be our strongest. :fustrate:

I know! Either way pretty cool I guess to see the 7.3's supporting us.

Scary to think that one of these days Dmitri might figure out how to put all that power to the ground...

I've been meaning to text you lol I'll get around to that today. haha

3brorce

Reaction score
Im voting for the OBS for sure. No doubt about it.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
7.3 may not have the potential that the 6.4 has...

But it has, what, 18 years of R&D backing it up?

Knowing what you're bringing seems to be the way to win this thing.

And taking care of all the little things that make or break a build.

7.3's are cheap lol, more money to spend getting them right!

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361916801.081154.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361916819.576058.jpg

Here are a few of the parts for David Heafners truck (reg cab) going in the new motor. I know it isnt a 1200hp 6.4 but It should be a real strong contender. He isn't taking any short cuts in his build.

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
Ok, question. I see it every year in DPC. People get in DPC, build extreme new engine set-up, things go wrong. It's true in most arenas. Tried and true is always a solid performer. Is the risk really worth it? I'm not bashing anyone, because if i had the resources you bet your ass id go huge. Just looking at from a standpoint of observing past short comings in the dpc. I guess what i'm looking for is other peoples viewpoints on this. Discuss

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
Ok, question. I see it every year in DPC. People get in DPC, build extreme new engine set-up, things go wrong. It's true in most arenas. Tried and true is always a solid performer. Is the risk really worth it? I'm not bashing anyone, because if i had the resources you bet your ass id go huge. Just looking at from a standpoint of observing past short comings in the dpc. I guess what i'm looking for is other peoples viewpoints on this. Discuss

At least in David Heafners case (reg cab 7.3) his changes are a must for any reliable 7.3. I doubt his setup will change very much for the challenge. It has proven itself.

If he does stay with a large single I'd like to see him add a small jet to help spool it at elevation. Just my $.02

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
At least in David Heafners case (reg cab 7.3) his changes are a must for any reliable 7.3. I doubt his setup will change very much for the challenge. It has proven itself.

If he does stay with a large single I'd like to see him add a small jet to help spool it at elevation. Just my $.02

Your pretty much on point Jeremy. Set up isn't changing its all going for reliability and the a little nitrous.

g2shuck

Reaction score
im still waiting for my didgital edition to come out this month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.