Diesel Power Challenge 2013; Who's in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok, question. I see it every year in DPC. People get in DPC, build extreme new engine set-up, things go wrong. It's true in most arenas. Tried and true is always a solid performer. Is the risk really worth it? I'm not bashing anyone, because if i had the resources you bet your ass id go huge. Just looking at from a standpoint of observing past short comings in the dpc. I guess what i'm looking for is other peoples viewpoints on this. Discuss

i agree. i made such a mistake. shoulda stuck with 1000 horse on fuel and been happy. we had that within 2 hours on the dyno. but nope.. i couldnt help myself.. had to have 1200 .. well i got it for a second. and paid an expensive price and never got to compete. eric sucks zebra weiners.

Wayne

Reaction score
Like this?
AnimalMasquerade_1cutting.jpg

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
i agree. i made such a mistake. shoulda stuck with 1000 horse on fuel and been happy. we had that within 2 hours on the dyno. but nope.. i couldnt help myself.. had to have 1200 .. well i got it for a second. and paid an expensive price and never got to compete. eric sucks zebra weiners.

Yup...shoulda kept it real at 450 like me.

:D

Wayne

Reaction score
It definitely is that. It sure looked good in the mag, but I have to wonder how deep you have crap piled in your interior, considering there wasn't a single interior shot? Are you one of those hoarder people?

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
It definitely is that. It sure looked good in the mag, but I have to wonder how deep you have crap piled in your interior, considering there wasn't a single interior shot? Are you one of those hoarder people?

Interior is spotless...from what I understand interior pics were too dark

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
View attachment 14799
View attachment 14800

Here are a few of the parts for David Heafners truck (reg cab) going in the new motor. I know it isnt a 1200hp 6.4 but It should be a real strong contender. He isn't taking any short cuts in his build.

I see you have the new set of rods for the 7.3L Manley just got done building..

From all the pictures they sent me they look good.. Now to see them tested would be great!! Trip@Manley told me they will be tested soon. Now I know where!

I hope they work out good for you!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
View attachment 14799
View attachment 14800

Here are a few of the parts for David Heafners truck (reg cab) going in the new motor. I know it isnt a 1200hp 6.4 but It should be a real strong contender. He isn't taking any short cuts in his build.

It doesnt have to be 1200 hp either, torque on the dyno is key, small turbo and spray will do that, and like you said making it live will be another key factor. David has my vote for sure, he's got the right idea.

Can the dude drive?

3brorce

Reaction score
Ya dont want a guy there that owns a truck thats never towed before like pretty jeans had there.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Ya dont want a guy there that owns a truck thats never towed before like pretty jeans had there.

eric had never driven either... he had never run a 12 on the drag strip and never sled pulled. there is something to be said for support group. he had the ultimate ford team behind him. and his trailer skills gave him the win without a doubt. unreal with the trailer.

3brorce

Reaction score
eric had never driven either... he had never run a 12 on the drag strip and never sled pulled. there is something to be said for support group. he had the ultimate ford team behind him. and his trailer skills gave him the win without a doubt. unreal with the trailer.
That is a major achievement for Erik in that it was his first time driving haha jk. My point is, how do you own a truck and have never towed anything before or was that just a excuse they made up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.