DPC Round Two: Going for Broke

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Numbers are not what me or Elite want to see. Can't load it hard enough to get the big turbo to spin like we need. They are working on it.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Erik How can you stay at home and watch your pickup run by others?

Would drive me crazy!!!

Cant wait to see how it does for you! Should be nothing but good!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I always have a hard time on the dyno making my big charger make enough boost, the runs are so short that by the time it makes full boost you are really out of the powerband as far as the cam goes, i have thought about doing the brian jelich and building boost one gear before overdrive to help it make good boost in overdrive. Either way the number should be somewhat accurate i would think.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I always have a hard time on the dyno making my big charger make enough boost, the runs are so short that by the time it makes full boost you are really out of the powerband as far as the cam goes, i have thought about doing the brian jelich and building boost one gear before overdrive to help it make good boost in overdrive. Either way the number should be somewhat accurate i would think.

thats what me and smiling bob did a couple weeks ago on the pos dyno that wouldnt load. it worked. just let the bastage shift.

sorry for poor quality .. iphone video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nAxFd_IEqU

Dzchey21

Reaction score
im going to start doing it i think, ill try it on hallers maybe saturday, i need to do some gate tuning anyway.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
That may be a way to attack it Mike. They did let it shift like that on the dyno and made over 1000hp but we/they are taking a slow methodical approach and making sure everything is right before going balls out.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
That may be a way to attack it Mike. They did let it shift like that on the dyno and made over 1000hp but we/they are taking a slow methodical approach and making sure everything is right before going balls out.

yeah it depends if the peak power is made "at" the shift or not.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
WTF am I suppose to do??? I can't leave here for weeks at a time.

Yes you were supposed to have taken off of work since the day you won the 2012 event getting prepped for this year. I'm sure they wouldn't have minded if you put a camper in the back of your truck and lived in the shop for the past year LOL

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Yes you were supposed to have taken off of work since the day you won the 2012 event getting prepped for this year. I'm sure they wouldn't have minded if you put a camper in the back of your truck and lived in the shop for the past year LOL

I am sure not comfortable with my farm being ran by the "ranch hands" if I was not here.

3brorce

Reaction score
That was a smoke show and a half Mike. Especially for a non load dyno.

Latest posts

Members online