DPC Round Two: Going for Broke

Wayne

Reaction score
Dyno tuning is all done now, with and without nitrous. There are still a bunch of non-essentials left to do to the truck between now and then, so that will be the focus from here, on out. We're pretty happy with the results even though we couldn't get the chargers to light as hard on the dyno as they do on the street. Pressures and turbo rpm's are all safe, so now we're just tying up loose ends, and triple checking stuff.

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
Question about the actual challenge...can you change anything during/mid competition? Like pull seats for drags or crap like that?

Sucks about the M16s... I have about 5k on mine.. Two blow outs on this truck would piss me off lol. Already had a KM2 come apart at like 80

pog

Reaction score
What was his 1/4 miles time last year and any idea what it outta run now?

It was fast last year and helluva lot faster this year. LOL. he went 11.82 last year.

Last edited:

Wayne

Reaction score
11.80 was his best last year. There was a tight cluster in the 11.8-11.9 range. Rudy's 6.4 did 11.53 IIRC, which was top 4ish. It's been too long ago to remember. The truck now makes similar power numbers without nitrous as it did with nitrous last time. It should have a super low 11, or possibly high 10 in it if Erik dares, and the remainder of the drivetrain can survive. I suspect he'll not push it faster than 11.3, if he can help it, just to save the truck for the remainder of the event. I can't speak for him though. It really depends on how everyone else is doing at that point, and having the proper strategy to win.

Last edited:

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Yall are worried about the drag times? Lame, Yall should be out running a couple tanks of fuel for the fuel economy test

Erikclaw

Reaction score
If this thing runs in the 10's I quite. LOL I hope I don't have to push it that hard to stay in the running, but if that is what it takes....... Fuel economy test? PPffftttt I'll do it at 80mph this year. ;)

Last edited:

Danny26

Reaction score
11.80 was his best last year. There was a tight cluster in the 11.8-11.9 range. Rudy's 6.4 did 11.53 IIRC, which was top 4ish. It's been too long ago to remember. The truck now makes similar power numbers without nitrous as it did with nitrous last time. It should have a super low 11, or possibly high 10 in it if Erik dares, and the remainder of the drivetrain can survive. I suspect he'll not push it faster than 11.3, if he can help it, just to save the truck for the remainder of the event. I can't speak for him though. It really depends on how everyone else is doing at that point, and having the proper strategy to win.

Seeing that big thing run a high 10 would be sick! But prob better to be conservative and win...

Last edited:

Wayne

Reaction score
If this thing runs in the 10's I quite. LOL I hope I don't have to push it that hard to stay in the running, but if that is what it takes....... Fuel economy test? PPffftttt I'll do it at 80mph this year. ;)

So same as last year, with less full throttle accelerations past the occasional prius?:shrug: Sounds great! you might not get last place in economy again LOL

Question about the actual challenge...can you change anything during/mid competition? Like pull seats for drags or crap like that?

Sucks about the M16s... I have about 5k on mine.. Two blow outs on this truck would piss me off lol. Already had a KM2 come apart at like 80
No pulling seats, adding weight, or changing anything relatively significant including tires once it begins. All you can do is repairs. As far as the tire is concerned. I'm mostly glad we caught it before it ripped the bedside off as it disintegrated. :eek: That would have been a very bad day.

Last edited:

WoodBoy

Reaction score
No pulling seats, adding weight, or changing anything relatively significant including tires once it begins. All you can do is repairs. As far as the tire is concerned. I'm mostly glad we caught it before it ripped the bedside off as it disintegrated. :eek: That would have been a very bad day.

C&M Flatbed FTW!!!

BFT

Reaction score
What I want know is how it did when you guys jumped it at the track?! I hope Nathannial took some good ground pics

Erikclaw

Reaction score
The snail rider has been drinking. Or he had better be! My chit is not set up to catch air. Maybe that is what happened to the tire????

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.