Fuel cooler delete/relocation

BFT

Reaction score
I still think cooling the actuator is a smart choice. That piece gets screaming hot, I touched it by accident and it wasn't fun. Maybe a small bracket on the firewall for the reservoir would be clean. Be nice to ditch the big ugly bracket for all of this stuff and let the engine be seen.

the actautor has its own coolant line running to it like the cooler. that small reservoir are looped but i dont see a prblem with looping it to the top of the degas bottle where there is nothing on it besides a plug.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Power loss isn't noticed untilled.inlet fuel temps get to 200 degrees or hotter.

That actuator doesn't get that hot all on its own
Its mostly radient heat from the turbos that get it warm.

Remember 130 degrees is hot enough you can't touch it for very long. Maybe after I get my 63 on ill shoot it with a temp gun and see just how hot it gets

White_monster

Reaction score
Has anyone actually measured fuel temp on return? Stock I saw around the 120 mark. When I did my fuel bowl delete and entire lp system I now see 60 degrees. Ford most likely added the cooler to cool the fuel before it entered the fuel bowl and mixed with the fuel from the tank. With the constant cycling in stock form the heat would rise. I bet taking the cooler out if you have a fuel bowl delete would have zero affect on the fuel temps, the tank is large and the fuel will be cool enough to keep temps down. Stock system is a different matter.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
the actautor has its own coolant line running to it like the cooler. that small reservoir are looped but i dont see a prblem with looping it to the top of the degas bottle where there is nothing on it besides a plug.

There seperate cooling systems

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Has anyone actually measured fuel temp on return? Stock I saw around the 120 mark. When I did my fuel bowl delete and entire lp system I now see 60 degrees. Ford most likely added the cooler to cool the fuel before it entered the fuel bowl and mixed with the fuel from the tank. With the constant cycling in stock form the heat would rise. I bet taking the cooler out if you have a fuel bowl delete would have zero affect on the fuel temps, the tank is large and the fuel will be cool enough to keep temps down. Stock system is a different matter.

I agree with ya, think of it this way add a little hott water to a 1/2 quart of water...
theres gonna be a big temp diff... Now add that same amoint to 30 gallons...

White_monster

Reaction score

Yes it does have its own line. And it goes from the actuator to the reservoir then to the cooler then out to the front of the truck if you follow the lines. Deleting the cooler is easy, heck taking it all out is easy. It's wether risking that actuator is something you want to do, it's not cheap to replace.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yes it does have its own line. And it goes from the actuator to the reservoir then to the cooler then out to the front of the truck if you follow the lines. Deleting the cooler is easy, heck taking it all out is easy. It's wether risking that actuator is something you want to do, it's not cheap to replace.

How much is it? I have a spare but like I said no problems yet

BFT

Reaction score

that reservoir doesnt carry enough to cool the actuator and the fuel. im sure its just a feed and return? if thats the case you can loop it like mentioned before.

BFT

Reaction score
When I check last year it was $750can so about $500us I'd say. For the little bit of work to keep it cooled I think it's worth it.

thats why i also mentioned a remote cooler to keep it cooled. it would obviously be placed somewhere else, but it would be a hell of a lot cooler then the engine bay

oneturboforme

Reaction score
that reservoir doesnt carry enough to cool the actuator and the fuel. im sure its just a feed and return? if thats the case you can loop it like mentioned before.

That little resrvoir and front cooler is what holds the coolent for that system nothing else

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I.don't think its a big deal to make it all work if you really feel it needs coolant but half the problem is all the lines

White_monster

Reaction score
:whs: that reservoir is the fill point. It has to be the highest point in the system so mount it on the firewall and run the hoses as needed. The fuel cooler can be removed no problem. It's 2 lines to relocate the reservoir. Can't get much simpler.

BFT

Reaction score
That little resrvoir and front cooler is what holds the coolent for that system nothing else

i know what it does and i know what its there for. some guys here tow and tow heavy, giving the option to relocate it (without that stupid little reservoir and cooler) would be a good option for those wanting to clean up their engine bay

Latest posts

Members online