Gearhead MCC dyno numbers?

Gearhead

Reaction score
I will see if H&S can locate the parameter. it isn't hurting the converter, it is just not allowing it to lock again after it unlocks on the downshift.

Csilva187

Reaction score
I'm glad it's not just me with this going on! Has anybody else turned the wick down and noticed it'll run just fine?

3brorce

Reaction score
That is pretty much a given in that it will shift fine with less power tune.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
I gues I haven't tried it on a lesser power tune. Wouldn't it do it at any power level if its a tuning issue and only at a high power level if its a converter issue?

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
From the way I understand it the computer senses it is being overloaded and is preventing lockup, on a lower power tune it does not sense the overpowering issue and does not act on it....

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Its basically in the torque converter slip. When unlocked you are allowed a percentage of efficiency so the lower the stall the better as well as lower the power. Usually once you gain some rpm the Trans has less of an advantage (ESP right before the shift into the next gear) and it will lock.
They also sense slip with the converter locked, if its over a certain amount the converter will unlock. Then it may fight to re-lock anyone having issue should monitor tc slip and see at what point they have issues with it unlocking and report back

strokinKR

Reaction score
This isn't making any sense to me. The rcd converter is very efficient unlocked and holds way more than I have locked so why is this tuning so out of whack? HS tunes don't do it. KEM on SCT didn't do it.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
Would be nice to find the fix, When it does its funny business I feel like im destroying my transmission.

95powerstroke73

Reaction score
Been having the same lock and unlock problems also..I was starting to think I was the only one having this problem..really bucks me back and forth in the seat when it happens

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.