H-11s vs ARP's

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Im not sure how the build process differs. I know that our studs dont come from the same place as arps. Same metal to start off life, but what happens after that is totally different.

BFT

Reaction score
Good info, I'm sure a lot has been cleared through tadd and J.d.

Keep this thread on topic and not how one should run their business

cbrown

Reaction score
Ok. I would like to thank you for your honesty. Now I think youre going to have to show what the difference in the process is and why that makes them better. Im willing to bet a lot of people would go with arps if this was left where it is. Im one of those people buying studs soon. What makes yours better?

jdgleason

Reaction score
Ok. I would like to thank you for your honesty. Now I think youre going to have to show what the difference in the process is and why that makes them better. Im willing to bet a lot of people would go with arps if this was left where it is. Im one of those people buying studs soon. What makes yours better?
I'll have to see what info I can get from arp and a1. I can't promise either company will give me that info but I'll certainly try.

I feel bad for the black Friday list. I think all those who know me personally know that I would never lie or intentionally mislead anyone. Again, I apologize.
Alot of good info. So are the elite head studs rated at 220,000 or 240,000 psi tensile strength?
Better yet are they reusable? Cause if there not I'm going to be PISSED!!!!
They ARE reusable.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
I did. TWICE!!!

This is bull**** plain and simple. The install instructions in the library were even called "H-11 install instructions". Now its been changed to just "head stud install instructions". Im not happy at all over this JD. These studs have been touted for years as being H-11's. How many people bought these thinking that thats what they are getting now to find out we've been douped. Not saying on purpose but hey sh!t happens right.

BFT

Reaction score
I did. TWICE!!!

This is bull**** plain and simple. The install instructions in the library were even called "H-11 install instructions". Now its been changed to just "head stud install instructions". Im not happy at all over this JD. These studs have been touted for years as being H-11's. How many people bought these thinking that thats what they are getting now to find out we've been douped. Not saying on purpose but hey sh!t happens right.

The library does not say h-11 install, and no it hasn't been changed

I hope youve been reading this thread

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Yes arps are reusable just call and ask they'll tell ya, also I agree the diff in cost is drastic for studs that have the same tensil strength but it kinda depends on thread pitch and extra to figure out which one clamps more.... I know my arps are the 325ft lb ones and im trying to make sure lube is why they redused that value..... Keep you guys posted

madman1234509

Reaction score
Youd think in all the threads about head studs and what and who is better, one of the handful of guys from elite that roam around and comment on this site would have corrected everyone.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Forcefed5.9 they don't have h11s so the swap out is not possible i sugest you keep your cool and pm or call about this maybe they can help ya out but keep your cool or thats gonna go bye bye

BFT

Reaction score
Youd think in all the threads about head studs and what and who is better, one of the handful of guys from elite that roam around and comment on this site would have corrected everyone.

Seeing that tadds rarely on and JD and most likely Anthony just found out, how do you figure they would've gone about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.