H-11s vs ARP's

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Not trying to start another argument but...I believe they were. I have been back and forth between Elite's and Rudy's website plenty of times. On Rudy's site, the product description was an EXACT copy and paste from the Elite website. Good move on changing your site quickly, but here is what is on Rudy's.

This kit includes high-strength H-11 tool steel head studs, washers, and nuts. The top of each stud has a hex broach to aid in installation of the studs. The studs are rated at a minimum of 240,000 psi tensile strength. These are the STRONGEST head studs on the market. Our studs are designed to be reused. These are great for those looking for reliability or for you power-hungry owners.

http://www.rudysdiesel.com/_e/Engine_Parts/product/RDP-H11/Elite_Diesel_H11_Head_Stud_Kit.htm

I understand where you are coming from, but I can guarantee you that we absolutely did NOT advertise them as H-11's. 2 years ago in the making of the website, our web builder copied and pasted the information from 6.0 (which are H-11s) into the 6.4 stud kit. Tadd caught it and fixed it immediately. Our description on the 6.4 studs were totally void of any description of material.

They knew they werent H-11, but rode on the fact that others assumed they were. People werent referring to them as H-11 because its easier to say, but because they were under the impression they were made of H-11 tool steel. So instead of clarifying what they actually were, you let the misconception continue? Again, not trying to start an argument, bash any person, company, etc. I have much respect for all you guys, just laying out what I see that doesnt add up.

I have spoken with Tadd about this. Tadd said when they were first released, he corrected people left and right, saying that our studs were not H-11. Since then, as you said, they almost adopted the title, and its been ignored. We never purposefully did so, and never did we sway people into thinking they were H-11 material. Any questions directly fired at us were answered honestly.

Again, we never meant to mislead anyone.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Looking at my old Invoices from Elite the head studs are listed as "head stud kit" No where does it mention H-11's. I always thought they were like everyone else.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Looking at my old Invoices from Elite the head studs are listed as "head stud kit" No where does it mention H-11's. I always thought they were like everyone else.

:whs:

I always assumed they were H-11's as well. What a discussion this has become. LOL

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Okay so as far as h11s vs arps go thats done so as far as the elite studes vs arps goes.... The main diff would be original clamping force correct? Let's try to keep this thread on topic were getting some good info and want to help everyone trying to figure out what's what

jdgleason

Reaction score

Never advertised as H-11. Thanks Erik.

:whs:

I always assumed they were H-11's as well. What a discussion this has become. LOL

I used to think the same thing until I worked here. Its been so assumed and widespread through the industry, it would be tough to stop.

jdgleason

Reaction score
How the hell did this big of a misunderstanding come about?

Our old "head stud kit" were made from H-11 (for the 6.0). I think it was just assumed that when our "head stud kit" for the 6.4 came out it would be the same deal. Like I said, its tough for me to say what happened as I wasnt here, but Tadd told me when people first started referring to them as h-11, whether it be phone, or forums, he was correcting people. After a while it wasnt worth the time.

It surely wasnt Elite leading everyone to believe that they were H-11 in material. Your old invoices show that they were never advertised that way. Word spreads quickly through the internet whether its the truth or not. :shrug:

Last edited:

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I think it was all your doing JD, you are the one out here setting it straight. So it was probably you. LOL

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Jd you can't say that come one... You were doing good until that comment.. its not worth the time? So the ppl who bought your studs bc everyone including you guys say there h11s that's fair to them? I think that is worth your guys time.... I know your company trys its best to keep things strait but this is a major mistake so please dont say its not worth your time it makes it seem like you dont care, i know you do so don't make other think you dont.. just trying to help you guys out

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Not trying to start another argument but...I believe they were. I have been back and forth between Elite's and Rudy's website plenty of times. On Rudy's site, the product description was an EXACT copy and paste from the Elite website. Good move on changing your site quickly, but here is what is on Rudy's.

This kit includes high-strength H-11 tool steel head studs, washers, and nuts. The top of each stud has a hex broach to aid in installation of the studs. The studs are rated at a minimum of 240,000 psi tensile strength. These are the STRONGEST head studs on the market. Our studs are designed to be reused. These are great for those looking for reliability or for you power-hungry owners.

http://www.rudysdiesel.com/_e/Engine_Parts/product/RDP-H11/Elite_Diesel_H11_Head_Stud_Kit.htm

Chris,

JD has done a great job explaining this but I wanted it to come from me.

There were times throughout Elite's website history that it did list "H-11" under the 6.4's. This was not intentional, as I will explain. But first I want to say, if you go back and were to pull up the studs description on our site a week ago, 2 weeks ago, or 1 month ago it would not have said H-11. The site was changed today but only to bring to peoples attention about the material since the miscommunication. H-11 was not there and removed today.

Now the reason for the H-11 has been on our site. When we first released the studs and did the website it did not say anything about H-11. Eventually we got new software and began implementing new products and descriptions. We also had a new person doing the product addition. I figure they copied and pasted from the 6.0 section, I don't really know. H-11's for the 6.0 have always been a mainstay for us and for new staff who do not know the product 100% it would be very easy to see why they would mistake this. I do know that at multiple times I have looked at the site and it said H-11, and I removed it each time. This has happened two to three times and each time the current staff was informed that the 6.4's were not H-11's as many have thought. We have had at least 5 different people doing the site over the years.

I believe why people thought we were doing H-11 was because pretty much everyone else who used A1 was getting H-11. Our 6.0's, wide open and the 7.3's, Haisley and the cummins were all H-11. I never went out and said that we had H-11's but many people assumed that. Just like Eric said, his invoice said "Head stud kit". If you buy our 6.0s' it says "H-11 Head Stud kit".

Am I guilty for not spending everyday all day squashing the internet info, yes but the information on the internet grows exponentially. And as most of you know I haven't been on the forums much.

derrick36

Reaction score
So now that everything is cleared up, is a reason spend the extra $275 for Elite studs vs the ARP ones?

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I dont think you had to spend all day everyday correcting people, if you would of simple told employees not to refer to them as h11s nd post a single forum about how they were not actually h11s would have solved the majority of them, either way it should have got nipt in the ass as soon as the miss communication happened two years ago but mistakes happen and thank you for changing your current discription on this product

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Chris,

JD has done a great job explaining this but I wanted it to come from me.

There were times throughout Elite's website history that it did list "H-11" under the 6.4's. This was not intentional, as I will explain. But first I want to say, if you go back and were to pull up the studs description on our site a week ago, 2 weeks ago, or 1 month ago it would not have said H-11. The site was changed today but only to bring to peoples attention about the material since the miscommunication. H-11 was not there and removed today.

Now the reason for the H-11 has been on our site. When we first released the studs and did the website it did not say anything about H-11. Eventually we got new software and began implementing new products and descriptions. We also had a new person doing the product addition. I figure they copied and pasted from the 6.0 section, I don't really know. H-11's for the 6.0 have always been a mainstay for us and for new staff who do not know the product 100% it would be very easy to see why they would mistake this. I do know that at multiple times I have looked at the site and it said H-11, and I removed it each time. This has happened two to three times and each time the current staff was informed that the 6.4's were not H-11's as many have thought. We have had at least 5 different people doing the site over the years.

I believe why people thought we were doing H-11 was because pretty much everyone else who used A1 was getting H-11. Our 6.0's, wide open and the 7.3's, Haisley and the cummins were all H-11. I never went out and said that we had H-11's but many people assumed that. Just like Eric said, his invoice said "Head stud kit". If you buy our 6.0s' it says "H-11 Head Stud kit".

Am I guilty for not spending everyday all day squashing the internet info, yes but the information on the internet grows exponentially. And as most of you know I haven't been on the forums much.

You need to spend your time r&d and designing parts. That is your expertize. You have the newby's for the internet stuff.

White_monster

Reaction score
It does say that. Hmmmm

Also Tadd should spend his time building and completing the orders that have been placed instead of designing new stuff and making ppl wait. Once caught up design new stuff.

Last edited:

jdgleason

Reaction score
So now that everything is cleared up, is a reason spend the extra $275 for Elite studs vs the ARP ones?

I guess thats best left up to the consumer. As I stated, because the material is the same, the build processes are different.

The process itself makes all the difference in the world. There are many stages, treatments, and cycles that are needed to make these studs. Again, we havent had any issues with ours, and our studs are in tons of big power trucks. Mr. Clausen, Mr. Burnside, Mr. Woodhouse, Mr. Dillehay, Mr. Coronado, Mr. Patel, Mr. Rudolf, as well as several other members who I dont know personally. I think the results speak for themselves.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Look at your list you posted for the black friday sale. Clearly advertises 6.4 H-11

That was probably my fault. Before I had the story behind the studs. All of the black friday stuff was never proofed by tadd (or anyone else for that matter) and we were crazy busy. I admitted I didnt know originally that the studs were different.

On edit: That WAS my fault. I checked the sheet and youre right. It said H-11. Rookie mistake on my part. I was a part of "those who assumed." Again, I apologize for the confusion.

Last edited:

derrick36

Reaction score
I guess thats best left up to the consumer. As I stated, because the material is the same, the build processes are different.

The process itself makes all the difference in the world. There are many stages, treatments, and cycles that are needed to make these studs. Again, we havent had any issues with ours, and our studs are in tons of big power trucks. Mr. Clausen, Mr. Burnside, Mr. Woodhouse, Mr. Dillehay, Mr. Coronado, Mr. Patel, Mr. Rudolf, as well as several other members who I dont know personally. I think the results speak for themselves.

Sh!t I missed that part. So the build process differences makes yours stronger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.