H-11s vs ARP's

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Forcefed5.9 they don't have h11s so the swap out is not possible i sugest you keep your cool and pm or call about this maybe they can help ya out but keep your cool or thats gonna go bye bye

Keep my cool? I did a 35grand conversion because my truck was puking with studs. I was sick of fighting with it. And now it turns out it could be the fact that its was just studs. Not H11's. But ARP2000's.

What ever. I dont care.

madman1234509

Reaction score
So all these guys that work at elite just now found out that these "superior" head studs are not H-11 material. The amount of installs, and packages theyve opened, and instructions and even people that work there are just now finding out... Its hard to believe with how much they work on and sell for the 6.4 platform. Tadd never told his employees that their 6.4 head studs arent H-11, or hasnt corrected someone in the facility when they said 6.4 H-11 head stud? So he then let his employess go out and advertise and protest how much better these head studs are? And they are still claiming with no evidence that their process is better, although no one knows what either companies proces is.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I mean if you want to get technical all you guys who have bought studs you have legal right to sue for false ads and claims.... It would cost both parties more then what its worth probably I'm just saying be civil and see what elite plans to do abput it... Hopefully a simple sorry isn't all you guys get

BFT

Reaction score
So all these guys that work at elite just now found out that these "superior" head studs are not H-11 material. The amount of installs, and packages theyve opened, and instructions and even people that work there are just now finding out... Its hard to believe with how much they work on and sell for the 6.4 platform. Tadd never told his employees that their 6.4 head studs arent H-11, or hasnt corrected someone in the facility when they said 6.4 H-11 head stud? So he then let his employess go out and advertise and protest how much better these head studs are? And they are still claiming with no evidence that their process is better, although no one knows what either companies proces is.

where did they say that their process is better?

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
I wont go after them. As far as Im concerned its not worth it to me. I dont have the truck anymore and insurance covered it. It's the principle.

Im going to stop now. This has given me a headache.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I understand I'd be pissed to bud... Id be pissed to..n I have my personal reasons why I don't do bussiness with them... But hopefully they make it right for ya

Dzchey21

Reaction score
For a long time the only thing you could even get was Elite studs. I personally.don't care what they are made out of they work I do know that.

Elite does have a bit of a mess on this one but I'm.pretty sure my head studs just said elite studs.

I might have named the install instructions incorrect years ago so that might be my fault on an assumption

Last edited:

sirnunya

Reaction score
where did they say that their process is better?

The process itself makes all the difference in the world. There are many stages, treatments, and cycles that are needed to make these studs. Again, we havent had any issues with ours, and our studs are in tons of big power trucks. Mr. Clausen, Mr. Burnside, Mr. Woodhouse, Mr. Dillehay, Mr. Coronado, Mr. Patel, Mr. Rudolf, as well as several other members who I dont know personally. I think the results speak for themselves.

I think this is what madman was referring to

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Ya there website did say h11s they even admit it same with there backfriday sale... It's a huge **** show.... All this falls on tadd from what I'm gathering is he didn't inform his employees of whay exactly they wete selling, you meab you don't care you that you Damn near wasted 300 bucks

madman1234509

Reaction score
Yes... whos to say ARPS process isnt just as adequate or better? Just because elite studs cost more they are supposed to be better? No one the facts to show the process. Up until today they were claiming 240,000 tensile strength. There was that whole elaborate thread on here or psn where someone did all of the calculations and everything to show that elites were supposedly stronger, using the 240,000 psi tensile strength, youre telling me noone from elite kept up with that thread? Id think if there was a huge discussion going on about my products and someone was going that in depth to prove it was better, Id be keeping tabs on it. But again NOONE was corrected in the math or in the material information. So that whole thread is worthless now, because come to find out they are the same exact rating. Im so glad I wasnt talked into going with these studs for my HG job. You can bet Id be through the roof. Like I said I cant imagine how many people bought these soley thinking they were made out of a stronger material. Now all they have to go on is "our process could be better but no one knows"

madman1234509

Reaction score
And you cant tell me with all the discussions between employees, owner of the company to employees, Researcher and devolper to employees, the this never came up and no one knew!! Thats hard to believe. Tadd didnt just come up with these studs and throw them on line and then tell his employees there ya go we have new studs, get at it.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Its more then that. WAY more.

So what now JD?

I know your upset and all but i really doubt that it was the studs that made your truck puke and puke. Think about it, there are many other trucks out there, with more HP than your truck had, without issues, Shone Patel comes to mind with his truck and the studs have been reused many times.

Like i said i know this is a bad deal for some of you and for elite really, some of it was assumptions ect that caused all the hype.

When i got my studs there was nothing even available, and elite studs had been out for over a year and a half, ARP's were supposedly going to be released soon, but they never came, for like another 6 months, i went with elite studs and they have worked fine for a long time.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I really think some of you all are really trying to dig to hard and are looking way to far into this.

JD, and Anthony havent worked at elite that long the only person that has really been there since the start is garrett and wayne, and i really doubt head studs get talked about all that much in the shop, thats also just an assumption but i really think some of you guys are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online