H-11s vs ARP's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I will say one last thing in this thread and it can be taken however anyone would like to take it. If you read through all of the pages of this thread, from start to finish, you will see how many people actually thought that Elite studs were truly H-11 head studs. Myself, Shone, Erik, and even Maryland Performance Diesel, which is the shop that brought this whole discussion about, assumed that Elite head studs were H-11. When this thread began, someone that worked at Elite should have corrected the confusion instead of arguing that ARP's are inferior to the studs they sell when in fact they are pretty damn similar. That is my opinion on the subject and I will leave it at that.

nickg3130

Reaction score
They probably should have corrected that after the first time they saw "elite h11 studs for a 6.4" written. I mean i haven't been around the 6.4 game or even the diesel game for long but I sure have seen that written more than one time.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Tree trimmer.. I kmow what I was saying is spartin srarted this thread to bring a huge amount of heat to mpd for making that statement, granted the info he had at the time was false but I'm sire everyone know wgat his intentions were

madman1234509

Reaction score
Exactly Jeff!! They should have done it a long time ago and thats what I tried saying a few posts back... There have been countless head stud threads, it has never been corrected. Their studs at some points were infact advertised as H-11, including Rudys site, Elites site. And have for the longest time been advertised to have 240,000 psi tensile strength... probably up until when they changed it today. I know we have talked back and forth in particular in threads I have started asking about head studs and I know you have stated you went with elites because they were "stronger", and like many other people. This is all a big mess.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
jeff did not start this thread.

dustin started it for him.

and you were doin so good there for a while. :D :poke:

Last edited:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Tree trimmer.. I kmow what I was saying is spartin srarted this thread to bring a huge amount of heat to mpd for making that statement, granted the info he had at the time was false but I'm sire everyone know wgat his intentions were

I did NOT start this thread. I jokingly told the MPD crew that it was time to invest in some custom aged 625 studs. The discussion went from there and Dustin moved the posts into their own thread to get them out of Mike's thread about his compound setup with big fuel. Like others have obviously shown in this thread, I assumed that Elite's head studs were H-11's. I bought them thinking that. Am I a little ticked about it? Yes. But I am going to move on from it with the opinion I posted above and enjoy my NON puking truck.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
My apologies Jeff, I didn't know crap was moved or that you were joking I personally took it thewrong way sorry again

derrick36

Reaction score
And how is any of this possible when you have closer ties to Elite than most people in this thread?

I always thought they were h-11's. I didn't know A-1 made any other. I know when Tadd got studs built year ago, he had to spend a ton to get them made. Only reason I know is because I asked him why so much. I'm sure he wanted to recoup the investment and set the price where he dId for that reason. At that time the arp was not even thought of yet. I never trusted arp cuz the way the ***ked me on tq specs for the 7.3 studs. Cool thread.

Did you at no time mention the word "H11" in your conversations with any of the employees? If Tadd has a history of correcting people who call them what they're not, shouldn't you of all people been corrected WAAAAAAAY before anyone else?

nickg3130

Reaction score
And how is any of this possible when you have closer ties to Elite than most people in this thread?

Did you at no time mention the word "H11" in your conversations with any of the employees? If Tadd has a history of correcting people who call them what they're not, shouldn't you of all people been corrected WAAAAAAAY before anyone else?

:whs:

Jhaddox

Reaction score
So i threw away a perfectly good set of ARP's that were used once out of my truck to go with the "H-11" thats the same exact stud, because it was supposed to be so much stronger...sweet

tensixniner

Reaction score
The file name is "Elite 6.4 H11 Installation Instructions"

Edit- In Elites defense that could have been what Dzchey named it.

For a long time the only thing you could even get was Elite studs. I personally.don't care what they are made out of they work I do know that.

Elite does have a bit of a mess on this one but I'm.pretty sure my head studs just said elite studs.

I might have named the install instructions incorrect years ago so that might be my fault on an assumption

I'm the one who originally named and posted the "Elite 6.4 H11 Installation Instructions" in this thread.
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238

Less than 30min later, Dzchey21 added it to the 6.4 Performance Libarary.
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94

I named it as I did because that's what I was lead to believe they were made of (H11) when I purchased them ... both by Elite and Rudy (who I got them from).

I can't remember a thread on any forum where someone corrected the material spec.
Elite is no longer a sponsor on the nation and their vendor section was removed so I'm not able to check those threads/posts.

Whenever I read about a comparison of Elite and ARP 6.4L studs it was Elite that was superior because of the material.

Elite makes/offers some nice products and I understand the need for them to have a return on their investment but I feel I've been mislead for profit.

To correct the website by removing "H11" and leaving the material spec unknown for so long did not work to clear the confusion and serve the customer.
It makes no difference if it was Elite or the webmaster who made the mistake. It was a known problem and by allowing the confusion to continue for as long as it did only served to profit Elite.

It's just plain unethical.

I apologize to anyone who was mislead by the .pdf I added to this forum. If one of the mods can change the file name to reflect the correct information I would appreciate it.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
I guess the Craig and Mike were right after all in this whole fiasco. They got bashed for it pretty hard for what they said and they seemed to know exactly what they were talking about

MINK

Reaction score
Kinda weird how quiet the elite guys are while this is going on lol they're usually all over anything that has to do with their company. It would be nice to get some of their input to possibly clear things up about what happened.

The gang has been proven wrong - hard to give other members a hard time when the credibility has been questioned. What can they say to clear it up? What's done is what's done...All they can do is make steps forward and take care of those with an issue over this ordeal.

This is just a mess of a deal for everyone - Mike, Wayne, JD, and Tadd all had very good responses and I'm happy to see that they not only can give out some chit but also take it.

Sucks for those that have been effected but I'm glad the truth is out - great thread.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The gang has been proven wrong - hard to give other members a hard time when the credibility has been questioned. What can they say to clear it up? What's done is what's done...All they can do is make steps forward and take care of those with an issue over this ordeal.

This is just a mess of a deal for everyone - Mike, Wayne, JD, and Tadd all had very good responses and I'm happy to see that they not only can give out some chit but also take it.

Sucks for those that have been effected but I'm glad the truth is out - great thread.

probably the best post of this thread, some are still trying to stir more of a fight and get more out of it, but honestly there isnt much that can be said at this point, like you said move on, move forward and make it right, bout all that can be done.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

i am many things , but a liar i am not. i thought my studs were h-11's. i did the first cab on stud job back in 09' and i thought i had h-11's. based on my experience with ARP's and their retarded tq values when they first release a stud, (they were about 30lbs light on the final tq #) i was one of the first to have a set on a 7.3 back in 04, i never wanted that headache ( 2 blown hg's) again. i dont talk to the employees at elite, i talk to tadd, since day 1, and i dont think ive ever had a discussion in regards to studs and what they're made of. but i sure as hell thought i had h-11's. please dont try to put words in my mouth like i should have been corrected or i should have known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.