H-11s vs ARP's

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
That's what I'm saying Wayne... I assure you arp also spends there time in this so saying clamping force is more is a bold statement.... Just trying to help keep this thread calm if you will

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
That's what I'm saying Wayne... I assure you arp also spends there time in this so saying clamping force is more is a bold statement.... Just trying to help keep this thread calm if you will

well considering i have been mislead by ARP as for many customers back in 04-06 with their 7.3 studs.... i dont trust ARP anymore at this moment. my elite studs have been thru 5 retorques. over 60psi of boost and no issues here. ARP reprted 120 final tq , on my 2nd set, i even went to 13, blew another gasket, a year later they came to 145 .... how much did that cost me? over $4000

you never posted up pics of the underside of your hood. now that you're the mythbuster we should all know what you got.

Wayne

Reaction score
I feel mislead because in all of the conversations I have ever had about 6.4 A1 H11 headstuds, I have never once been corrected and made aware of this. You would think I would have heard about this. I want to apologize to our customers who we may have given false information to, I do not want us to be made out that we are knowingly not telling the truth.

Information responsibility falls on the supplier, so if we (Elite Diesel) are your supplier, and I think we are, (not certain as I'm the one with the greasy hands not usually behind the computer) then we are responsible for your misunderstanding. My apologies.

cbrown

Reaction score
If you want to look at it that way, then technically ARP's would be the re-branded ones as Elite was the exclusive distributor of the only 6.4L head stud on the market for over a year before ARP introduced theirs. from what I understand<(disclaimer, walking on egg shells now that both of my feet are in my mouth) ARP and A-1/Elite have developed their own studs totally independently of one another, so the fact that the material is the same is a coinsidince.

I can agree with your logic. But realistically...ARP studs are what they state and have always stated them to be. So for somebody buying Elite studs vs ARPs-regardless of whose were first- they are basically getting an ARP stud with the Elite name associated with it for more money.

Maybe i should be saying an ARP equivalent stud. But I think you understand what I'm trying to say.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
No that thread shows it... Also I have a fuel delete thrash that shows it... Go to my profile and look at the threads i started... It's in there somewhere...

im sure everyone has had bad experances with companys, but all im saying is for elite to watch there comments about that kinda stuff while ppl are on edge and never have I said there studs are not as good as arps... More questioning torqueing values.... In all actuality they have the same strength so they should have the same track record.as arps... No one will know which one has more clampig force until someone measures it.... I'm just saying they ahould be careful about what they say...

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Cbrown.. that last part made your post.... Its a arp equivalent as arps as a a1 equivalent... There the same thing just a differwnt company...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
No that thread shows it... Also I have a fuel delete thrash that shows it... Go to my profile and look at the threads i started... It's in there somewhere...

is this the english language?

Wayne

Reaction score
I'm certain ARP does their own math. How they come up with their numbers, I have no clue. I cannot speak for them. As far as clamping force goes, or which is better could be argued either way. People have their own opinions, but without facts, opinions don't count for much.

I can agree with your logic. But realistically...ARP studs are what they state and have always stated them to be. So for somebody buying Elite studs vs ARPs-regardless of whose were first- they are basically getting an ARP stud with the Elite name associated with it for more money.

Maybe i should be saying an ARP equivalent stud. But I think you understand what I'm trying to say.

I think we understand one another.

derrick36

Reaction score

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Haha sorry my phone fn sucks on here its doesn't auto correct and i fat finger it a lot... in my profile look at my threads I started... the single kit one (pics are a few pages in) and same with my fuel bowl delete thread

oneturboforme

Reaction score
That's what I'm getting at Wayne... As pissed off as people are I suggeat ypu leave your thoughts that don't have facts backing them up out of it on this matter thats all... I'm sure when it comes to diesels you know more then I do... Just trying to help you so people don't come back and light you and your company up again.... That's all the intent of that post was for

Wayne

Reaction score
If they were never truly advertised as H11, who authorized this article?
http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/ford/1107dp_73l_stroker_kit_for_64l_power_strokes/index.html

Its basically a big advertisement for Elite's new(at the time)stroker kit.

It clearly says that they're using H11 studs for that drool-worthy engine.
http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/ford/1107dp_73l_stroker_kit_for_64l_power_strokes/photo_15.html

:doh: FWIW most, if not all of the stroker engines have, or will have H-11, (only available on 6.0's at this point) or custom age 625 studs.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
If they were never truly advertised as H11, who authorized this article?
http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/ford/1107dp_73l_stroker_kit_for_64l_power_strokes/index.html

Its basically a big advertisement for Elite's new(at the time)stroker kit.

It clearly says that they're using H11 studs for that drool-worthy engine.
http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/ford/1107dp_73l_stroker_kit_for_64l_power_strokes/photo_15.html

Yeah but the studs for the 6.0 stroker are h-11. Duh.

Wayne

Reaction score
That's what I'm getting at Wayne... As pissed off as people are I suggeat ypu leave your thoughts that don't have facts backing them up out of it on this matter thats all... I'm sure when it comes to diesels you know more then I do... Just trying to help you so people don't come back and light you and your company up again.... That's all the intent of that post was for

On that note, I'm out, and plan on staying off the forums for a while to avoid people confusing fact with my clearly stated, and obviously unwanted opinion. If any of you have questions or concerns regarding anything said, or represented by any Elite Diesel employee, please feel free to contact the shop (866-631-8518).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online