H-11s vs ARP's

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Wayne elite teach you to copy in paste.. kinda like there intake that's half of dougs design.... You posted a chart thay shows a nf 9/16 grade 8 should be 186.... Grade 8 is only 150000psi tension stength... That makes sense

As stated the table shows engineering standard is 75% of a bolts yield across the board. So, yes, that does make sense and is relevant to clamping force in relation to tensile strength, tq spec, and deflection.

And was your best stab at elite a ported intake manifold? Cuz if so ***k me Doug is god of every manifold made. You an only do so much to a stock manifold. That's why elite has the tunnel ram manifold like on Aaron's race truck. Aaaaaaannnnddd it's the only one on the market.

Why don't you run along and play with your Legos since you can't seem to contribute anything factual or positive here.

Wayne

Reaction score
Cunningham uses what bolts you order Wayne. You can request ARP, h11's, custom age and many others as well. If his rods require 80-90w gear oil then use that. Just cause one person uses the same part and it says to use something different doesn't mean you should not follow the instructions for your parts.
Didn't know that. Thanks for clarifying for Ivan. Good info to consider anyway.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Ivan: Cunningham uses A-1 for bolts, and Elite's last batch of Cunningham rods came with the Detroit Diesel lube I listed above... something to keep in mind.

When I spoke to Jim, he was CRAZY about making sure I used only the 80W90 gear lube...

He even threw in another reminder:

Attachments

• IMAG0133 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG0133 (Medium).jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 105

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I know this wayne but my point is it has to be higher then that I mean i can calc it if you want to send me the specs of it.... And when have I pushed mpd parts other then my single kit review......

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I know this wayne but my point is it has to be higher then that I mean i can calc it if you want to send me the specs of it.... And when have I pushed mpd parts other then my single kit review......

Keep it on track of the bolt conversation please.

This goes for everyone

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Wayne elite teach you to copy in paste.. kinda like there intake that's half of dougs design....

thats a pretty bold statement. please expand since you seem to know so much, considering nobody had one of dougs manifolds to possibly copy. please start a new thread as not to derail this one.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
thats a pretty bold statement. please expand since you seem to know so much, considering nobody had one of dougs manifolds to possibly copy. please start a new thread as not to derail this one.

Pm me if you want to discuss thus so we don't derail

jdgleason

Reaction score
Thanks for that link dustin...... 6000 more clamping force.....

Oops you missed te other half of that sentence. I gotcha bud it was "but a very low bolt load".

Pm me if you want to discuss thus so we don't derail

He suggested you start a new thread to enlighten us. I second that as I don't agree with your statement but am eager to hear what you have to say. Pm me a link to that new thread when she gets up and Rollin if ya don't mind.

White_monster

Reaction score
Well since nobody seems too look any info up I'll post it up. Arp changed their torque specs June 1 2011. Here's the 2 sets of instructions.

First gen instructions
ef1d38aa.jpg

Second gen instructions
f2d69c64.jpg

I'm sure that 50ftlb reduction is gonna drop clamping force.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i guarantee that lower toque number will lower clamping force but decrease load on the bolt, which is probably a good thing for reusability, 80% load might be enough to make the bolt a 1 time use only.

So the question would be what does craigs truck have torqued too?

oneturboforme

Reaction score
White monster... I know I had this same deal when I was installing mine.. most clear answer I got from.a arp rep was the lube changed.... Not sure if he wad correct or not.... He told me follow your kits instructions

Extended Power

Reaction score
Holy hell....325ft #'s.....that's crazy!
My CAT 1/2" drive torque wrench only goes up to 250...
Wow.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i could see lube changing the torque value as well maybe the new lube gives a greater torque

There was a great deal on horse power TV awhile back about arp lube vs other brands of lube, they showed "peanut butter" which is what top fuel teams use because it is the closest on the first torque reading, after that the bolt will actually over torque and eventually break if you get too nuts with it, ill see if i can dig up a video of it

take in to consideration that this is paid for by arp...

http://youtu.be/6-XXVk_vwKw

BFT

Reaction score
peanut butter with a slight aroma of body odorLOL

We're the holes where the studs go in, cleaned out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.