I know this dont really go here....last mod to my truck.

TripleE44

Reaction score
No, I'm not. Just stating that saying a tuned 6.4 can outrun 90% of the average/production vehicles on the road is a very bold statement.

So you plan to back up this argument by talking about modded vehicles? :clapping:

Pahrump

Reaction score
LOL.....I agree...a slightly modded...6.4 is pretty quick and can make MOST STOCKish sub $60K cars look stupid on the street...Ive done it many times...and running BIG ass tires to boot.

I have had MANY a fast car and even faster bikes...I am not at all saying that the 6.4 9000lb truck is the fastest at all..just saying that its a great all around vehicle that can haul some ass...and carry the kids...groceries...then hook up to the toyhauler and carry it to my favorite riding spot all while looking good.

However I am ready for another sports car to sit next to my truck in the driveway.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
:lookaround:

104.jpg

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Where have you been looking for Vette's? I'm been looking around a little bit too. Still trying to decide between a stock(ish) Vette, or building another fox body coupe. Decisions Decisions lol

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Worth every nickle.. My money would be going to a GT500 even if it cost me a little more. Way better looking car IMO and not too far outta the price range from what the op's looking for.

Not when he's talking about buying a truck and a car. Probably a C5 or maybe an early C6. I don't think y'all have compared the prices of either of those to a GT500 lol

Pahrump

Reaction score
Not when he's talking about buying a truck and a car. Probably a C5 or maybe an early C6. I don't think y'all have compared the prices of either of those to a GT500 lol

Billy...we are on the same page...Im not looking to have a payment on either vehicle...

I have some cash to spare and whatever I get for the truck....I plan to buy more than likely a 6.4....and a lower mileage C5...as they are all over for around $15K or maybe an early C6 as you mentioned if I can find just the right one for the right price....

As as said a Vette...because it has about the most performance..and "cool factor" for the money.

Billy...I love the FOX body cars and have had many...and many way built ones...but they just dont have the presence as a Vette...however I am single...and looking for both young and old gals to hop in...lol

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Billy...I love the FOX body cars and have had many...and many way built ones...but they just dont have the presence as a Vette...

I agree. But for $15,000 I can buy a stock Vette, or build a pretty solid Fox Body Coupe to play around with. Also, finding a coupe that hasn't been molested is a challenge. Was going to keep the Jeep and play with it, but decided against that. Just cant make up my mind which way to go.

Pahrump

Reaction score
You think a unmolested coupe is hard to find, try to find a unmolested '93 cobra

Or for that matter an 03 Cobra...which IMO is one of if not the best places to start building if you want a Mustang.

I wont lie I have had probably 8 Mustangs...the last one was a 2000 GT...no wing...straight sleeper..with a 70mm Turbo and all forged internals...on only 7lbs of boost...it ran 10.20s and had good street manners for Cruise nights...but it was a no ac..no radio....etc..etc car trailered it to the track..I was teaching my then wife how to race...after it sat in the front yard un used for about a year I cheap sold it for $6500 and decided until I really reached baller status I would not have buy or build another "race" car. But the next time I do it will probably be a coupe with a BIG aZZ turbo...although I do have a hard on for late model cars stripped down and built into racers...thats why I went with the 2000 a few years ago...and not a FOX...I loved the look on peoples faces when they were like dammit...I drive a car like that to work everyday..and they stripped it to nothing and are beating on it..lol

Pahrump

Reaction score
And as for trucks go...I would buy a 6.0....an 05-07 if I could find one that was nice and clean and the owner did not think it was worth the same price as a 6.4.....theres no way I will pay within $7-10K of an 08+ for an older model truck...they just are not as nice.

Pahrump

Reaction score
Oh I know what you mean. I cut my teeth on foxes, and they're what I love. I just hate so many of them are beat to crap buckets of ****

You gotta look for them away from here...seriously there are some nice ones in the SoCal area...back in 04 you would never believe what I found...

I found and bought for only $1450 an 88 GT T-TOP car....yes you read that right T-TOP it was CLEAN...and WAY cool for a street car on cruice night... a speed density car yes...but oh well....I pulled all that off.....did AFR 165 heads...and a Holley Systemax cam with the intake and 650 carb...simple build...cheap and reliable...I only drove the car on weekends and for cruise nights...it only managed 12.50s on motor but held a 150 shot real nice and with drag radials I could manage to get 11.20s outta it...fast enough to get kicked off the track for no cage..lol...I loved that car.

I invested like $2250 in the engine and $100 tires and wheels .....sold it to a real mustang guy for $8500

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.