I know this dont really go here....last mod to my truck.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
my dad has a hennesey viper, '97 gts. it laid down 540 at the rear wheels I believe.

only picture I have of it, a car show a few years ago

1Qfm0l.jpg

HD F250

Reaction score
Glad u are ok and didn't get hurt. My dad owns a body shop and from what I have seen they total it because the cab would need to be replaced. They will have to give you fair market value for your area. Check on the buy back price because I just bought back a 2010 HD Screamin Eagle Street Glide with smoke damage for $7550 after they gave my dad $31k for it. Bike runs and all sheet metal is good, just has corrosion on all the chrome.

Pahrump

Reaction score
I almost bought a new Camaro about this time last year....I had an Orange SS for 2 days...well they let me take it for one day to drive it...I brought it back and they were like go ahead keep it another day you may like if after you sleep on it...I brought it back with the same feelings the next day...

IMO...Geigh azz car..not that fast stock...when you come out of a 500+HP 9000lb truck...and when you have had a couple Vettes...Turbo mustangs..etc...over priced...cant see a DAMN thing outta the car...and to me an uncomfotable driving position...and lets not forget it will ALWAYS be just a Camaro...it will never be a Corvette..not saying a Vette is the end all at all..just that for about 5-10Gs more you can have a vette and for the money the Vettes are probably the most car for the money in the performance division.

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I almost bought a new Camaro about this time last year....I had an Orange SS for 2 days...well they let me take it for one day to drive it...I brought it back and they were like go ahead keep it another day you may like if after you sleep on it...I brought it back with the same feelings the next day...

IMO...Geigh azz car..not that fast stock...when you come out of a 500+HP 9000lb truck...and when you have had a couple Vettes...Turbo mustangs..etc...over priced...cant see a DAMN thing outta the car...and to me an uncomfotable driving position...and lets not forget it will ALWAYS be just a Camaro...it will never be a Corvette..not saying a Vette is the end all at all..just that for about 5-10Gs more you can have a vette and for the money the Vettes are probably the most car for the money in the performance division.

So do you have one picked out yet? lol

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I have always felt that way, vette is the best bang for the buck. Especially the latest ones. Sure the supercharged version (name escapes me) is over 100k list it outperforms $200,000 cars. I have always wanted one and some day will get one.

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
ZR1's are nice cars. Drug a few in my old C6. I had a vette that outran them for a fraction of the price.

BK39

Reaction score
Assuming yours is totaled.

Dunno man, I think you should get another 6.4. You just can't beat it IMO. It puts down amazing power with minor mods, its a comfy daily driver/work horse/toy/toy hauler/boat puller/4 door family friendly........etc. It gets the kids to soccer practice, and yet will out run probably 90% of any factory production car on the street from 0-100 (obviously the 10% is your street legal race car that is $75,000+, ZR1, Viper, 2013 GT 500...etc.). So of course, a $40,000.00 truck isn't going to compete. But all in all, 6.4 is a great truck when it comes to multipurpose use.

Jason

Reaction score
I have to ask where you get that it will out run 90% of production vehicles? A '03/'04 cobra will rape on one, a used c5 corvette with exhaust and simple mods will do the same. Let's hope you don't run down a fox body mustang with a properly built heads/cam motor...seeing as "properly built" a 302 will put a fullweight fox in the 11's, assuming it's got the suspension and driver, it can run mid-low 12's on the street as it sits.

A mild 6.0, crewcab will do all the toy hauling, daily driving, etc. He needs to do, and if he wants to get out and have fun, the car is there for that. Those of you who have never had a real sports car, and then tune/delete a 6.4, and blab about it's ridiculously fast, and nothing on the streets can keep up...need to get out more. If y'all want to go fast, a truck isn't going to cut it.

BK39

Reaction score
Assuming yours is totaled.

Dunno man, I think you should get another 6.4. You just can't beat it IMO. It puts down amazing power with minor mods, its a comfy daily driver/work horse/toy/toy hauler/boat puller/4 door family friendly........etc. It gets the kids to soccer practice, and yet will out run probably 90% of any factory production car on the street from 0-100 (obviously the 10% is your street legal race car that is $75,000+, ZR1, Viper, 2013 GT 500...etc.). So of course, a $40,000.00 truck isn't going to compete. But all in all, 6.4 is a great truck when it comes to multipurpose use.

I have to ask where you get that it will out run 90% of production vehicles? A '03/'04 cobra will rape on one, a used c5 corvette with exhaust and simple mods will do the same. Let's hope you don't run down a fox body mustang with a properly built heads/cam motor...seeing as "properly built" a 302 will put a fullweight fox in the 11's, assuming it's got the suspension and driver, it can run mid-low 12's on the street as it sits.

A mild 6.0, crewcab will do all the toy hauling, daily driving, etc. He needs to do, and if he wants to get out and have fun, the car is there for that. Those of you who have never had a real sports car, and then tune/delete a 6.4, and blab about it's ridiculously fast, and nothing on the streets can keep up...need to get out more. If y'all want to go fast, a truck isn't going to cut it.

LOL, easy there killer. You need to re-read my post. 90% of factory production cars. Not 90% of only factory production sports cars, nor 90% of any sports car out there with any and all mods. And I never once said that a "6.4 is ridiculously fast and nothing on the streets can keep up". So don't twist what i said. You bring me a bone stock 03 Cobra, and we'll run on my street out here in front of work, I'll wax that azz all day long up to 100mph. But back to topic, My main point was, the 6.4 is a great multipurpose vehicle. They are fun to own.

Jason

Reaction score
Well, a 6.4 needs mods obviously, so allowing mods on a car is more than fair. A 03/04 cobra with exhaust and a tune will mutilate a 6.4, 0-30,60,90,120 no matter how you slice it. And be more reliable, better mpg, etc. I've seen factory stock 6 speed ws-6's run 12.9 on drag radials, all else stock. Now...saying that every tuned 6.4 is a 12 second truck is false, I've seen several in the 13's. A stock lightning has that beat. I guess when you say 90%, you're talking buicks, oldsmobiles, half ton chevy trucks, old bone stock lt1 f-bodies etc.

Fact is, a 13.3 @108mph 6 speed stock z28, will out run a 12.7@104mph 6.4 on the streets all day long.

I read your post and know exactly what you're saying. What I'm saying, since you can't grasp it, is for something fun , on the streets, daily drivable, etc...you're not going to top a sports car, with a truck. Initial investment, money in mods etc., it's not happening.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.