March 16th 2013 Rudys Track Day & Sled Pull

woodduck97

Reaction score
This is probably the most important post of all this

2.5 takes out 38r guys, among others

i think you guys should really revise the rules a bit.

Do a stock turbo class, and then a work stock class, you going to have to be prepared to do allot of tech

Work stock will be the easiest to tech, wont even have to pull the intake

I like this idea the best. Will put all modded stock appearing turbos in one class and true stock turbos in another.

Reaction score
We allow gt38's for the 7.3's in 2.5 "grand father in"

I'm just askin so don't get bent outta shape......but why make all the exceptions for the 2.5 class?

You could much easier make the 2.5 class as before but with all factory appearing modded turbos included too? That way you don't have to push all the other modded stockers out of the competition. And then the 2.5" turbos run in the same class with modded stock appearing.

And then you can still have a "true stock class" which all stock turbos must be utilized.

TheBigDeOGE

Reaction score
The main reason we did everything this way is so trucks werent limited to pull in just one class.
work stock truck would hook ws and 2.5
2.5 truck would hook 2.5 and hot street
hot street would hook HS and Open
2.6 guys hook Open and 2.6

i'm sorry its all confusing but we just want everyone to have fun. working on a purse for these class.

Reaction score
The main reason we did everything this way is so trucks werent limited to pull in just one class.
work stock truck would hook ws and 2.5
2.5 truck would hook 2.5 and hot street
hot street would hook HS and Open
2.6 guys hook Open and 2.6

i'm sorry its all confusing but we just want everyone to have fun. working on a purse for these class.

I understand your trying to make it fair. But by doing so it makes everyone with a modded stock appearing charger'd street truck pull with guys running clipped s400's and custom built turbos in fully setup pulling trucks. IMO that's no fair.

And there's a whole lot more guys willing to hook that have bolt in turbos than custom 2.5" or 2.6" chargers in setup pulling trucks. I can tell you that the majority of 6-700rwhp street trucks have bolt in chargers and don't wanna pull in weight hanging 2.6 classes. So there's really no option for them.

I would be willing to bet there's a lot more street trucks with stock style chargers out there than straight bore 2.5 class rules meeting turbos. I'm just saying go with straight stock class and then all modded stock turbos and true straight bore 2.5 non clipped turbos in the next class. That way everyone gets to hook in a comparable class.

I'm just trying to help it be more fair. It's not confusing to me

TheBigDeOGE

Reaction score
I understand your trying to make it fair. But by doing so it makes everyone with a modded stock appearing charger'd street truck pull with guys running clipped s400's and custom built turbos in fully setup pulling trucks. IMO that's no fair.

And there's a whole lot more guys willing to hook that have bolt in turbos than custom 2.5" or 2.6" chargers in setup pulling trucks. I can tell you that the majority of 6-700rwhp street trucks have bolt in chargers and don't wanna pull in weight hanging 2.6 classes. So there's really no option for them.

I would be willing to bet there's a lot more street trucks with stock style chargers out there than straight bore 2.5 class rules meeting turbos. I'm just saying go with straight stock class and then all modded stock turbos and true straight bore 2.5 non clipped turbos in the next class. That way everyone gets to hook in a comparable class.

I'm just trying to help it be more fair. It's not confusing to me

i see your point bud. in the rules on the 2.5 these are the street trucks with a superb special, or industrial charger or w/e. no clipped wheels, true bore 2.5 street trucks. i'm sure some of the trucks will be pullers but they still are limited just like the street trucks. to me the "modified turbo class" is the 2.5 like you stated above. thats why we allow the tow powers or modified stock chargers in it. the hotstreet is the same thing but allows twin turbos in it. but must also be a street driven truck. 2.6 and open are the only really dedicated pulling class. ws, 2.5 and HS are the street truck classes.

Lets try these this year guys. if its a big mess we will defiantly make changes in the October event. i'm by know means a expert when it comes to putting these shows on but i do what i can with the experience i have. just bare with me guys. these event is big compared to the other events i put on.

thanks for the post guys. these are helpful to see what keeps you guys happy and will keep you coming back.

BOSS450

Reaction score
kudos to jared for making his point. Ill say the same thing i said in the thread for last years event. I love how its a ford forum held by a ford performance shop and we put a restriction on a ford.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
It doesn't put a restriction on just Fords, it does every brand. NO modified stock turbos pulling work stock. Last I checked, you can modify the stock turbo from all three brands

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
It doesn't put a restriction on just Fords, it does every brand. NO modified stock turbos pulling work stock. Last I checked, you can modify the stock turbo from all three brands

I'm also not complaining about a restriction, just the irrelevance of making a "limited" class then putting "non limited" chargers in it

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Ok small dog in this fight since I was a stock truck at the event in oct... Yes I got stomped... But I learned a **** ton and had a good time it was a good event.. But making a true stock class is not worth it... It's not just about us its about the spectators and what not... It's just another class to drag out the night and no one wants to see legit stock trucks run... U taking programming away to...? I showed up with a stock everything except program 6.0... finished like 13 out of the 30 some trucks... I got my ass stomped I was initially upset but that's how it is... I also drove down from CT to western nc then to the event... (round trip of 30 hrs) i have no regrets... We start doing something new we get our pee pee smacked we learn and we build... It's how all motorsports work... Stock appearing is the way to go... If its stock stock stock watch a car company commercial to watch towing... A 6.4 with tunes and delete is gonna own everyone and then they are gonna get pissed... Sounds familiar right... So keep the show shorter and have the same outcome... I know this aint up for vote but I side with Jared... My only disclaimer I've only read half the thread for replying so dont fry me to much it i screwed somethin up lol...

Reaction score
Ok small dog in this fight since I was a stock truck at the event in oct... Yes I got stomped... But I learned a **** ton and had a good time it was a good event.. But making a true stock class is not worth it... It's not just about us its about the spectators and what not... It's just another class to drag out the night and no one wants to see legit stock trucks run... U taking programming away to...? I showed up with a stock everything except program 6.0... finished like 13 out of the 30 some trucks... I got my ass stomped I was initially upset but that's how it is... I also drove down from CT to western nc then to the event... (round trip of 30 hrs) i have no regrets... We start doing something new we get our pee pee smacked we learn and we build... It's how all motorsports work... Stock appearing is the way to go... If its stock stock stock watch a car company commercial to watch towing... A 6.4 with tunes and delete is gonna own everyone and then they are gonna get pissed... Sounds familiar right... So keep the show shorter and have the same outcome... I know this aint up for vote but I side with Jared... My only disclaimer I've only read half the thread for replying so dont fry me to much it i screwed somethin up lol...

One of the reasons we run stock appearing. A true stock class is boring. And to run true stock it takes a lot of man hours to tech in all the trucks to keep out cheaters.

TheBigDeOGE

Reaction score
What if i did this
Workstock (stock appearing turbos)
2.5 true 2.5 chargers no twins
2.6 pulling trucks. 2.6 chargers only
Hotstreet twin turbos
Open, run what you brung

11STROKER

Reaction score
Why do you care so much about how he is running his show since you clearly already said you were putting feet on these trucks spraying and what not lmao

we are not putting on the pull, just like ts and schied we outsource the pull. however im sure we can make a happy medium the day of the pull so bring your truck and let the good times roll

11STROKER

Reaction score
I'm just askin so don't get bent outta shape......but why make all the exceptions for the 2.5 class?

You could much easier make the 2.5 class as before but with all factory appearing modded turbos included too? That way you don't have to push all the other modded stockers out of the competition. And then the 2.5" turbos run in the same class with modded stock appearing.

And then you can still have a "true stock class" which all stock turbos must be utilized.

that was the original plan Morgan

11STROKER

Reaction score
We should be supporting Jared isn't this the powerstroke army here? And fellow members are bashing Jared and his 6.4? Jared built the truck for the workstock class. What if Jared never built this truck. What would the ford crowd have to cheer for? Let me ask u that guys cause we all kno that there's a lot more cummins and dmaxs at pulls at least where I'm from there is. Carry on[/QUOTE

amen to that buddy i support jerome...in bed

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
We should be supporting Jared isn't this the powerstroke army here? And fellow members are bashing Jared and his 6.4? Jared built the truck for the workstock class. What if Jared never built this truck. What would the ford crowd have to cheer for? Let me ask u that guys cause we all kno that there's a lot more cummins and dmaxs at pulls at least where I'm from there is. Carry on[/QUOTE

amen to that buddy i support jerome...in bed

They gonna need a big bed for both of us son

Latest posts

Members online