My 64/71/.70 with warren 210's

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorganY

Reaction score
I'm going to try and get some work this weekend. Fx4 2fifty Found a guy in Houston with a brand new still in plastic HPOP for $575. I think I want to start out with a new one, that way it will rule out a possible worn out one

MorganY

Reaction score
Thnx, funds are 'tight' and by tight I mean negative lol. Hopefully someone rings me a 6.0 this weekend to tear into.

MorganY

Reaction score
Ya it sucks. So I double checked te WOT video. ICP dropped to 1400-1600psi at 70% throttle. ICP voltage min 1.98V. Gotta be the HPOP

youngstroker

Reaction score
a couple of questions are you still running a stock trans? are you spraying water/meth during the wot video, if so what %. and i want to let you know your kinda my guinea pig, i was going to do powermax and 190's till u posted your experience with them and how they didn't live up to the hype, i'm very interested to see what you put down with this set up, is there a chance u will make it to a drag strip any time soon, how is the weather down there.

java

Reaction score
Man that sucks to hear.. Hopefully you can get it up and running good sooner rather than later..

MorganY

Reaction score
a couple of questions are you still running a stock trans? are you spraying water/meth during the wot video, if so what %. and i want to let you know your kinda my guinea pig, i was going to do powermax and 190's till u posted your experience with them and how they didn't live up to the hype, i'm very interested to see what you put down with this set up, is there a chance u will make it to a drag strip any time soon, how is the weather down there.

No I wasn't spraying meth. I have some underlying issues now with my HPOP. ICP sucks and it looks like I'll need to replace the HPOP. I am not going to dyno or run at the track until my HPOP is replaced. This is a rough month financially for me since I bought the setup so I don't know when I can get an HPOP.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
If I knew for a fact that my hpop from my shortblock was good I would mail it to you. I still can if you want to try it.

Oppps, just seen yours is an 06. Mine is an 03.

Garrett

Probably getting paid at work to post this from my D1

MorganY

Reaction score
AH! So close, thanks anyways man! Im trying to get work to fund the HPOP, so I can get some good dyno numbers for you guys! I believe in this setup! It's nice to cruise around the city though, very clean.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
too bad, a new stock pump should work just fine with those sticks.

seems like a lot of 06 trucks have seen failures, seen 3 within the past year on trucks i see regularly. Very odd.

MorganY

Reaction score
I don't mind using one, but If it is within a couple months of coming out...Id rather spend the extra $500 for the upgraded one knowing Im going to upgrade too larger conventionals later on, then have to possibly replace the HPOP again with the higher flowing version and be $600 in the hole you know, plus the price of the 'adrenaline' version? unless I can get a healthy stocker at a decent price..

Last edited:

windrunner408

Reaction score
correct me if I am wrong, but I think if you were to run Bob's hpop you are going to need to also run his hpds as well. I know that that is the case with 03-04 style pumps. dont know about the 05-07 style. I would presume it is the same.

MorganY

Reaction score
correct me if I am wrong, but I think if you were to run Bob's hpop you are going to need to also run his hpds as well. I know that that is the case with 03-04 style pumps. dont know about the 05-07 style. I would presume it is the same.

Why would I need to run the hpds? The oil passages for the HPOsystem are close to if not symmetrical from where the HPOP sits on the oil galley, to the length of the stand pipes, then to the ends of the rails. I don't see how tying Into both oil rails together could level out ICP a lot..but I could be WAY wrong...did he have readings of both sides having a large delta? not trying to bash you, I just don't see ICP being off that much between both banks, if at all..is anyone using the HPODS or can give me a little more info?

Last edited:

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
dont know why an upgraded 06 style pump is really needed, ellerton ran big hybrids on stock oil making north of 1000 for a while. at least from a production standpoint I dont see a big demand..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online