My 64/71/.70 with warren 210's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
I cant see you needing it we ran big hybrids with stock pump and even ran our 285cc injectors with 3200 psi oil pressure and went 10.6 on those conventionals with spray

MorganY

Reaction score
good point..but then again, whenever I tear into it, I don't mind spending a couple hundred more for the upgraded one if it's available? If it was upwards of 2k I may feel differently about it.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
those were conventionals?! :jawdrop:
yes they were in my truck than erics race truck when he went 10.6 on spray ...whitey had hybrids in it last year but now there in erics truck so hopefully we will see what those triples can do this weekend

MorganY

Reaction score
awesome! I'll get some more info, hopefully a price and I'll go from there. Thinking its going to be a pretty penny for one, leaning towards the stocker, but if price isn't a terrible difference then I may try the upgraded one. I know i'll be bumping up to 225's before summer starts.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Why would I need to run the hpds? The oil passages for the HPOsystem are close to if not symmetrical from where the HPOP sits on the oil galley, to the length of the stand pipes, then to the ends of the rails. I don't see how tying Into both oil rails together could level out ICP a lot..but I could be WAY wrong...did he have readings of both sides having a large delta? not trying to bash you, I just don't see ICP being off that much between both banks, if at all..is anyone using the HPODS or can give me a little more info?

No worries.

Bob's HPODS is NOT just a crossover line that ties the two oil rails together to equalize pressure. It is a separate flow path from the pump discharge directly to the other end of the oil rails to essentially feed the system from both ends. Hence the need for the metering devices. If you were to just hook a teed line from the pump discharge to the ends of the oil rails the pressure would not be the same and the truck would run like garbage.

According to Bob, the stock oil pump is hampered by a poor delivery system and by installing these lines, you are actually able to use the full capacity of the stock hpop. If this is the case, you would probably be able to run your larger injectors and not even need to upgrade the stock hpop.

I am not currently running his system and am just trying to pass along what I have read. If it were me, I would call Bob back again and ask him about it. Hope this helps.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Has anyone done a before and after icp test with big sticks and bobs hpods...?

MorganY

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Warren. Turns out they are 225's...:doh: he thought that's what I ordered, but there was a mix up probably between our calls. Not that I have a problem with that, at least I don't have to send them off again.. He told me he closed the blow off ports (or fill ports?) and shimmed them.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Yup that explains a lot:gun:

well pull some fuel out and be a happy camper!

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
yes Matt agreed, Im a believer in the stock pump, Morgan I would just put a new stock unit it

MorganY

Reaction score
I finally got work this weekend. I should have a new stocker within 2-3 weeks :thumbup: If all goes well on the 6.4 injector/rocker arm repair

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online